It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 3:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Expat living in Asia about to dive in...here is my story.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 2:55 am 

Hello,

I read about Nal online about 6-7 years ago, and I thought it would benefit me, but just never got around to ordering it. At the time, I was not aware of TSM. About 2 months ago i finally caved in and bought an Android smartphone. While playing around and downloading apps, I wound up putting kindle (the book reader) on my phone. While browsing for books on Amazon, I saw the 'The Cure' and was amazed to see it was about Nal. I immediately bought the book downloaded it to my phone, and read it in one night. I then found this website.

I am 38yo, and presently drink over 50 units every 5-7 days. All in one big binge night out. I can sit down and drink 2 beers a night for 10 days straight. I can go a month with nothing, (as I have to do for my job). But, there is always a huge night or 2 day binge with blackout, massive hangover, and 500+ dollars blown somewhere on the close horizon for me.

It has always been easy to say i am not an Alcoholic, when i have been able to stop on the spot and go a month without a drop. I have done this for 20 years. I have never been arrested, in the hospital, lost a partner or lost a job due to alcohol. I have been lucky though. I was never involved in drugs, but I have always known that I was a problem drinker since college. I am from a family with generations of Alcohol Abuse. I have spent and lost tens of thousands of dollars to Alcohol. Not to mention the lost time. I used to say that Booze was making fun memories for me. Ha. I am not very concerned with where I am with drinking, or what it may be labeled. What I do know now, is that i want to cut down drastically and possibly stop.

I have had enough.

I have lived in S.E. Asia for the last 10 years, and am presently working at a US military base in another part of S.E. Asia as a DOD contractor. I ordered 60 Nal from River, and they are waiting for me at home. They arrived after I had to return to work. Actually the arrived, but could not be delivered to my house, so they were sitting at the post office for pickup. I would have had them mailed here, but River said they do not ship to PO Boxes. Does anyone have any info on that? I sure don't want to wait another 6 weeks to start nal.

Anyway, Im happy to be here and reading about what is to come. I look forward to breaking the stranglehold, and posting my progress.

Thanks for listening to my rambling!

Pacificman

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Expat living in Asia about to dive in...here is my story.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:44 pm 

welcome! I hope TSM works out for you! I would suggest reading around the board. there are some things many here are discovering that differ from what's in the book. mainly that TSM takes longer than 3 months. more like 6-9 months. I'm giving it a year. Good Luck and stay in touch!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 4:18 pm 

Welcome. I am brand new to TSM as well. First week down. I hope we can support each other on our journeys.
S

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:48 am 

Well I finally received a shipment from ADC. I will start a thread in Weekly progress.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:53 am 

Still cured 10 years later. No cravings, no inner fight. Life changing to say the least.

Profile E-mail