It is currently Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:12 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Detoxed off of Xanax - Now making progress
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:03 pm 

My Primary Care Doctor prescribed me a benzo, which I was taking as prescribed. I was OK with it at first, but then hit a wall at about 8 to 10 AUs/day and started to regress/cheat/not track. I re-read Dr. Escarpa's book and searched this group, and realized what was happening. I did not feel safe detoxing by myself, so I just got back from a week in the hospital for detox. Last night I had a few beers (3 AUs), but I could not get past 3! Yay! Now I am feeling real progress after working TSM with my TSM Dr. since September. I am a long time meditator, so I can replace my benzo with meditation. I'll keep you updated. :D

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Detoxed off of Xanax - Now making progress
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:15 pm 

Cool! Glad to hear you got away from the benzos! If you find yourself jonesing for them again, Gabapentin has been used to wean people off benzos (then you have to taper off the Gabapentin) but if you can do it with meditation, that's far, far better.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:38 pm 

Thanks, Joe. My TSM Dr. did prescribe Gabapentin for me to sleep. One positive impact of me going to a Club Med (i.e. treatment center), is that I was able to educate a good chunk of other patients and staff there about TSM. It was less of an uphill battle than I thought it would be. the head counselor was particularly interested. I'm on a mission to help "spread the word" and be an example.

There is one uphill battle left - They want me to go to an Intensive Outpatient for continuing treatment (sold to me as only for Xanax and not alcohol). That won't happen since they require clean piss tests (including alcohol) and is very traditional 12-Step.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 11:56 pm 

"is very traditional 12-Step."

Bugger their 12-Step! These people just don't give up, do they?

Tell them for 40 Grand, if they give you a nice clean copy of one of their training manuals, you'd be happy to pee on that just to hold them over till they can talk to their shrink about this bizarre urine fixation they seem to have.

Profile E-mail