It is currently Sat Sep 19, 2020 4:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Is anxiety a side effect?
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 9:42 am 

Thanks for that, Paddy.

When you were feeling anxious, were there any changes in your meds? Did you have any gut/GI symptoms? Did it show up when you started cutting the Nal in half? (Diagnostic minds want to know!)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 3:47 pm 

Hi Joe,
My anxiety started peaking around the 11th December last year & I first took two half Naltrexone pills on 29th December, so taking two half pills of Naltrexone had nothing to do with my anxiety. I am sure that taking two half pills has helped me to heal faster though. My Stellazine hasn't changed dose in many years so it wasn't that either that caused my anxiety. I just think that I had to work through that extremely anxious period in order to recover. I had no gut symptoms either, just a feeling of constant panic.
Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 1:49 am 

Hi again everyone.
Well it's been a week since I last felt anxious. I really think that my two months of extreme anxiety was just something that I had to work through. I know that alcohol has kept many feelings suppressed in me all of my adult life, and now that I'm getting over it, all of those feelings are surfacing! I am so glad that the anxiety was short lived, as it was hell going through it! Now it seems to have burned it's way out of my brain.
I'm also having my third Alcohol Free day in a row today. I find that alcohol tastes different on The Sinclair Method. It's not a very pleasant taste any more. When I was drinking a couple of bottles of wine a night, I didn't notice the taste because it felt so good to get high from the stuff. Now I don't go as high and I now have to almost force the wine down my throat, because it tastes pretty awful. I never wanted to be teetotal but if alcohol is going to continue to taste this bad then I may just do it!
Thanks everyone and happy TSMing!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2016 9:25 am 

Paddy -

Congratulations on conquering the anxiety and the AF days! Since you're on the 3rd AF day, it's the prime time to engage in an endorphin releasing activity, so go have some fun!

Profile E-mail