It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 3:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: dothework Cured
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:25 am 

I'm declaring that I am cured through TSM. I started this protocol for the first time in 2009.

I was going to ramble on about this but I've said lots in my posts so I'll just say that I've been very much influenced by Android's posts, and his Cured statement.

He said that after 6 months of drinking at normal levels using Naltrexone he realized he might try stopping. He did and was able to continue abstinence. When he tried to drink moderately for awhile after a long period of abstaining he re-addicted himself. He is now sober and very happy about that.

My realization is similar to his. This present attempt at TSM is my third. Each time I was able to feel extinction very quickly. Alcohol had no pleasure for me. But for reasons personal to me I kept on drinking. There were periods of abstinence, but they did not last. I was not sober in my head. I think AA would call me a 'dry drunk.'

This time there is a subtle difference. I've made the decision to stop drinking. I'm not going to be counting days, weeks, or months. As Android so aptly put it, Naltrexone has slowed the train enough for me to jump off. But I never did this before. The train slowed but I still hung on to the caboose and waited until I could climb back on the train. Or ran along side only to jump back on - whatever.

The point being, I knew Naltrexone was in the drawer so if I drank again - which I knew in my secret heart I would - I could always 'go back on it' and be saved - again.

As I've said elsewhere, time to grow up. I'm 68 years old. How many good years have I got left? God willing many. But what kind of years will they be? Will I go to bed each night wishing I did not have alcohol in my system, and Naltrexone in my blood stream? Will I wake up each morning wanting to kill myself and not wanting to face another day knowing that I'll drink again when I don't want to?

I don't want that life.

The secret is this: I didn't stop drinking because I wouldn't stop drinking. Pretty simple. For me, that's it. I now will stop drinking and get on with the rest of my life.

If this helps anyone - crazy as it is - that's good. I will check in periodically and let anyone interested know how I'm getting on. God bless all.
Barbara

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: dothework Cured
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:53 pm 

Barbara,

Wow - your story, and other posts, have given me such hope that my journey through TSM will be successful.

Thanks for sharing and please stop by to tell us how it's going.

God Bless you.

Thank You,
Rich

wk7: AF, 10, AF, AF, AF, 10, 2
wk6: 10, AF, 10, AF, AF, 6, AF
wk5: 16 - 5AF
wk4: 45 - 3AF
wk3: 12 - 6AF
wk2: 30 - 2AF
wk1: 18 - 3AF
-TSM-
wk-1: 133 - 0AF
wk-2: 71 - 2AF

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 22, 2013 2:57 am 

Hi Barbara,

It's really nice to see that something I've posted has been helpful to someone else. I do like the train metaphor, and I'm glad you do too, although I have to admit, I think I picked it up from another member's post a year or two ago. I am certain that their are many varied and complex reasons for why a drank to the levels I did. The Sinclair Method helped me to reduce/eliminate one of them, probably the main one. I reckon I can take care of the others - fingers crossed, but it's looking good.

All the best to you, and please check in from time to time, with an update on how you're doing.

Callum

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:57 pm 

Fantastic news Barbara.

I've only deaddicted myself one time and like you I got to that point where I was now ready to get off completely.

As so often said "I know there is a drunk left in me, but I know there isn't another recovery in me".

I'm a lot younger than you but I share the feeling that it's just not worth the hassle and risk.

TSM enables us to just say no longer.

Cravings eliminated Sept 2011
Now fully in control, alcohol no longer bothers me. Chose to go AF from 22nd July 2013.
TSM set me free

Profile E-mail