It is currently Wed Oct 28, 2020 5:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New here ... what's AF?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:33 am 

I'm new here ... today will be my 4th day on NAL ... after reading a number of posts, I have a couple of questions ...
what is an "AF" day? I assume units are drinks, but have been curious when I see many with ".5" etc. I that half a drink?

I also read on another website, that a positive side effect of NAL, is weight lose? Has anyone out there known that to be the case?

Lody

Post subject: Re: New here ... what's AF?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:53 am 

Welcome to TSM, to answer your question AF stands for Alcohol Free. This is used for the number of days where no alcohol is consumed. You are correct in assuming that units are the number of drinks consumed in a given timeframe. The reason that you may see .5 units, is that many people have experienced, to their surprise that they do not have the desire to finish a drink and end up pouring it out. I personally have not experienced this yet, but it is a great sign that one is making progress.
If you haven’t bought the book yet, I would recommend picking it up. It can give you some great insight into how this process works and will also help you understand some of the terms that you will see on this site.
Good Luck with your journey.

Week 17-21 W17 62u 0AF, W18 49 2AF, W19 45u 3AF, W20 42 3AF, W21 19u 4AF
Week 22-25 W22 58u 0AF, W23 49 2AF, W24 45u 3AF, W25 46u 2AF

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New here ... what's AF?
PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 12:51 pm 

Hey there,
Concerning the weight loss, it hasn't happened to me personally (at least not yet, in any discernable amount), but I think it does happen for some people, as a combination of the following things:
1) Nal sometimes makes one nauseous or unable to eat/drink large amounts in one sitting. (For me it sometimes makes me vomit eeep). This is usually only at the beginning, however.
2) Nal makes people drink less and be more in control of their drinking, which leads to a) fewer calories drank and b) fewer late night pizza binges ;)
3) Being AF or not hungover more often, people tend to work out more and eat healthier on TSM.
I don't think, however, that Nal itself is a stimulant/appetite suppressant in the strictest sense. Hope this helps.
EL

Profile E-mail