It is currently Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 Post subject: Pacificman's Progress
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:17 am 

Hello,
Here is a link to my introduction for those that haven't seen it.
http://www.thesinclairmethod.net/community/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=1835&p=22132&sid=72f19afc8c16e4912469dd5de32eeacd&sid=e782d36ce7f280d1d04a9f65e8123f73#p22132

I finally received a shipment from ADC, but due to a bout with the Flu and work duties, I had not drank in 2 weeks. I usually go 5-7 days between binges, but 2 weeks is not uncommon. Usually this means a bigger night, and worse hangover though. I am not sure if counting units is going to benefit me. Results to me are seeing, a marked decrease in blackouts, less $400.00 nights out, not sleeping in from Sunday morning 4am to Monday 7am, and most of all loosing that dire urge to have more late in the evening after I've already had 15.

1st night, Friday Sept. 10th. I took a whole tab as I rarely have side effects from anything. None noted. An hour later, I drank 2 beers and went to bed as i was tired. Not uncommon, so nothing different to note.

Next day went to Hooters and had a dozen wings and started drinking around noon. Beer possibly tasted "less crisp"? Maybe i was just over analyzing though. Drank steadily through the day until about midnight. As normal, i did not eat again all day. Definitely drank slower than normal, but at a steady pace. Declined all shots and liqour, and did not black out. If I had to guess, I'd say I had 25-35 beers between noon and midnight. All and all a very good outcome considering I had not drank in 2 weeks. Felt like crap the next day, but not destroyed as normal.

As usual no desire to drink early in the week. Probably get a chance to have a few Friday or Sat. night, so we'll see what happens. It will not be an all day affair like this past weekend, so I may be able to analyze it a bit more.

To be honest, I don't really care whether I have early success, (even though i think I did) i am in this for the long haul, and the cure.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Pacificman's Progress
PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2010 10:36 am 

That's the attitude! in it for the long haul. It gets kind of discouraging after a few months, that's why we keep the journals so we can look back and see the progress as a reminder that it's a work in progress. but it's not absolutely necessary either. good luck and keep it up

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:47 am 

The next weekend, Fri. Sept. 17. Stuck with the same full tablet. Started drinking beer with the intention of going out. A big trigger for me (excitement, pounding beer like water). Again, the beer tasted flat or dull. Lacked crispness is the only way to put it. After the second one, i got tired, which is very, very rare for me. I decided not to go out, (also very rare), and fell asleep watching a movie 30 mins later. Awoke about an hour later with minor stomach cramps, (not a big deal) BUT... I felt like someone had drugged me. Very, very tired and groggy. Almost like I had drank 20 beers instead of 2. Fell back asleep and woke the next morning with no ill effects at all.

All and all complete success. Just forging ahead and expecting just about anything that i have read here to possibly happen to me.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 3:47 am 

Sat. Sept. 18th. Had 4 beers with dinner. Just could not even force another one down. Still getting very tired along with drinking. Much different than the usual hyped up, alert feeling i usually get.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:22 am 

Friday Sept. 24th. Was in the mood to drink, but after 2 beers and some food, could not force another one down if I wanted to. Again, this has never been a problem before. Also got very tired again. Slight nausea, not too bad but noticeable.

Saturday Sept. 25th. A friend had a birthday party. Had 3 beers at the pool. Not nearly as fast as I usually drink them. Then tried to have a Pina Colada wine cooler in the hotel room before I left, but could only bear a couple sips. Just too sweet and didnt feel like having it after I opened it. I really love these things too. Weird. 2 hours later, had a big beer with a steak at outback. Kinda felt like I was forcing it down. Next time gonna get the small. NEVER DID THAT BEFORE! Had 3 or 4 rum and cokes at the party because i was tired and too full to drink beer. Nothing to note except keeping a very slow pace compared to usual. Bought a beer later and couldn't finish it. Was around a lot of really drunk people, and was thinking about how I normally would be. Much worse than them.

So basically had a drink per hour for 7 hours. Wasn't really very drunk, went to my room and crashed. Slept in the next day, but had no hangover. Felt weird to have the whole day ahead and not feeling destroyed.

I am not working at this at all. I really feel quite healthy, and have to admit so far, i am seeing results, even without counting units. My behavior is very very different than normal. I have probably saved over a thousand dollars in stupid spending. I cant see ever drinking without nal again.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:15 am 

pacificman wrote:
I cant see ever drinking without nal again.

I know the feeling. Reminds me of Loop's sig line: "I'll always take naltrexonpilleron in advance" language barrier be damned! We know what it means :lol:

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:21 am 

Hey Pacificman, great results early on!
I too got zonked/tired/groggy at the start...but this passed. Good luck on your TSM journey. Don't get too discouraged if your results go up and down for a while. When you read everyone's progress, we all have a different journey...and it can be a bit of a rollercoaster.

I look forward to seeing your next post. :)

Kiwi

Wk 9-12 34/2 31/2 25/3 13/4
Wk 13-16 12/4 22.5/3 12/5 10/4
Wk 17-20 25/3 27/1 23/3 34/3
Wk 21-24 17.5/3 22.5/4 22/3 13/5

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:46 pm 

Thurs. Sept 30 had another 4 beer night with some food. Nothing to report.

Fri. Oct 1st had 5 beers then went out with friends. Basically drank another 6 beers in 3 hours. Nothing too heavy considering what I've done in the past when in party mood. Didn't feel too drunk, but must admit didn't feel good the next day. Thinking back, I didnt have that urge to keep going, or compulsion I normally do. I was just drinking because everyone else was. Habit i guess. If i would have known or thought about how I was going to feel I think i could have easily just stopped. Maybe i will next time. It has been a long while since I felt like this after drinking only 10 beers.

All and all I consider it another success. These small successes are already adding up after 3 weeks.

Another thing I've noticed. I tend to leave half full or unfinished beers when leaving. Never did that before.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2010 8:56 pm 

YES! these are things we've seen before. I was noticing that I left a beer on the other side of the house for like 20 mins and forgot it was there. it was my first beer! I only had 1 tonight! I'm seven months in and still looking to turn the corner but Nal has done a lot of good. stick with it. rollercoaster

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 9:26 pm 

Another weekend down without spending $500 and sleeping for 3 days.

Sat. Oct. 9, took a pill at noon and had half a beer with lunch. This is the earliest i've started drinking since starting tsm. I couldnt finish the beer, and fell asleep till 5pm. Did not feel like any beer, so had 3 mojitos. Kept going with a vodka martini, and by 9pm switched back to beer to slow it down a bit. Probably had about 5 beers the rest of the night until midnight.

Everything was in place for me to have a huge night to get so drunk I blacked out, but it never happened. It was another successful slow and evenly paced drawn out night. I was happy that even on liquor, i didnt fall into the "so wasted I cant stop" routine that was becoming my regular weekend habit.

It does kind of feel like i am meandering through different types of alcohol as I fall out of favor with each type.

Big test next week as i travel back home from work for a month off. Lots of different triggers and no work responsibilities. No worries, Im just going to stick with it. The Nal has already made my life more enjoyable and less painful after 1 month of weekend drinking.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next