It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: dr.sinclair email to me on 'no family history of alcoholism"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 1:20 pm 

i had a concern that tsm might not work for a freind of mine, who has no family history of alcoholism.so i emailed dr. escapa and he emailed me back that my freind should do tsm anyway. a week later he forwords a email dr. sinclair sent him.
if anyone is concerned that you might not have the gene for alcoholism, read the email that dr. escapa forword to me from dr. sinclair.
i hope this is helpful to anyone worring if they have the gene or not.

i emailed dr. escapa

On 2 September 2012 21:13, larry najor <larrynajor@yahoo.com> wrote:

hi Dr. escapa, i hope all is well. my friend is starting the sinclair method but is worrying because he has no family history of alcoholics in his family. the question i want to ask you is in your opinion do you still think tsm it will still work for him even if he does not carry the gene for alcoholism?

one more thing i need to ask you about my experience with tsm. since i started tsm i never get hangover anymore and i never get tired during the day, and i drink alot slower. plus i really enjoy the buzz i get now when i drink, it is relaxing, where as before it was depressing when i drank. why do i feel so great even though I'm still drinking 8 beers a night? when i first started tsm my drinking dropped to 4 beers for a couple of weeks and the interesting thing about that was i got a buzz off those 4 beer and it was relaxing. i appreciate your time responding back to me, you must be a really good hearted man. God bless you and your family.
Thank you
Larry Najor

dr. escapa emailed me

Researchers are working on a commercial gene test for the mu opioid receptor which could predict response to TSM. But it's a way off.

Your friend - if he has lost control over drinking - should anyway try naltrexone - according to extinction: TSM. 50 mg one hour before a drinking session. The genes may throw up from generations back.

You may try raising the dose - with doctors permission - to 75 mg or 100 mg 1 hour BEFORE a drinking session. 8 beers probably equates to 56 to 60 units per weeks depending on strength and amount of beer you are taking in. This remains dangerous for your health as you are no doubt aware.

Remind me how long you have been on TSM and the dosage of naltrexone you are taking. I cannot explain the experience you describe. Clinical trials indicate that most people reduce craving and drinking levels in 3 to 4 months although some take as much as 9 to 10 months.

Best wishes,

dr. sinclair emaile dr. escapa

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 5 September 2012 16:04
Subject: Re: Fwd: larry please give advice PS
To: Roy Eskapa <drroyeskapa@gmail.com>

To: Roy Eskapa, PhD
Re: Larry's question

I can answer about the genes. The opioid antagonists can be effective regardless of whether the alcoholic has a family history of alcoholism. There probably are genetic factors that affect whether the method works, but they are not necessarily related to the ease of developing alcoholism. For example, theoretically one might have a gene that makes the GABA particularly sensitive and at risk for alcoholism. (We suspect that most people develop alcoholism through activation of the opioidergic system, but there is a minority who develop it through some other system, most likely GABA).

David

PS GABA is the system the benzodiadepines like valium/diazepam effect. Alcohol affects thus system as well

i hope this is helpful for anyone with this concern. have a good day to everyone on this forum.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: dr.sinclair email to me on 'no family history of alcoholism"
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:12 pm 

Larry, thanks for sharing that...very interesting! There's some, but not a lot of alcoholism in my family, and it hadn't occurred to me to worry about that as a factor. I'm glad to know the process works regardless of the presence of the gene.

It's also interesting that the Dr. sticks by his 3 - 4 month "cure" time frame as usual, contrary to the usual experience on this forum. I wish there was a way to really evaluate what the average time is here. And of course, some people start and then disappear - maybe some are cured and some aren't.

Anyway, you are very bold to email Dr. Sinclair, and yes, he must be a nice guy to take the time to respond personally. Thanks for asking the questions you needed to ask and then telling us - everything we post here is bound to be helpful to another TSM follower. :)

TSM WORKS!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 2:55 pm 

hi crise i hope you and your family are doing well. i had the same concern as you did when i started month 3(i 'm on month 4 as we speak). so i emailed dr. escapa

i emailed him

On Wednesday, 15 August 2012, larry najor <larrynajor@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Dr.Eskapa, i would really appreciate if you will respond to this email I'm not going to give you my drunk log. but i am a alcoholic that needs help. I am on month three in the TMS. in the first month my drinking went from 8 beers a night to 4 and i was so excited.but now after 3 month on the program I'm back to 8 beers a night. my question is this, in time will my beer consummation eventually go down and will i start to notice it. my mother thinks this is some kind of fraud, i read your book and told her it is supported by trials in Finland. and one more question, how come barley no one has heard of this method in the u.s.a.? i would really appreciate if you would respond to me .God bless you and your family.
> Thank you
> Larry Najor
>
>
>
> dr. esacpa responded back

larry plese give advice
1 recipientsCC: recipientsYou MoreBCC: recipientsYou Hide Details FROM:Roy Eskapa TO:larry najor Message flagged Thursday, August 16, 2012 11:45 AM Hi Larry

Thank you for you email.

I am pleased you showed a response to the treatment. Progress ... For some .. People goes up and down. Normally folks show a decline in 3/4 months. However some require extra time and some report that taking 75 mg naltrexone exactly ONE HOUR before starting a drinking session in a 24 hour period. It is ABSOLUTELY VITAL THAT YOU TAKE at least 50 mg naltrexone exactly one hour before starting a drinking session ... This is the Golden Rule described in the book.

It is not that un usual for spikes in drinking to occur. Stick closely to the program even if it takes 8/9 months.

Please also refer to the section on selective extinction as described in the book. This is where you take 2 days of drinking and not take naltrexone on those days and on the second no drinking no naltrexone days you exerise to release endorphins.

Please keep me posted on your progress.

All the best,

i hope that helps it might take longer to get cured.

ps. you can go to page 301 on dr. escaps book (endnotes). and go to "google scholor" and type those numbers at the end of each paragraph example 21(2001):287-292. these clinical trials are real and are documented . but i agree with you whydr. sinclair sticks to three to four month, and in dr. escapas book and in this email he says it could take longer.so lets both cross our fingers and wait it out no matter how long it takes.my bigest concern is even if the craving and obsesion is gone(whitch mine is down to a 5(half) how am i going to break the HABIT. 25 years of the same ritual and routine that is my major concern.

i emaild him with that concern as well

my email

On 4 September 2012 06:11, <larrynajor@yahoo.com> wrote:

One more question dr escapa and I promise I won't bother you any more. The question I want to ask you is When dr. Sinclair started to you use people to do the clinical trials on extinction, was breaking the habit, routine a issue. I feel this method will work for me BUT how do I break the routine? Wasn't that a problem dr. Sinclair had to address. Dr. Escapa thank yo so much for your time replying back to me on all these email. I would like to send you a gift(no alcohol) if you don't mind please give me a address to send you my gift. If yo feel this ac ward I understand don't give me a address. God bless you and you family.
Sent on the Sprint® Now Network from my BlackBerry®

dr. escapas reply

The clinical trials showed that patients simply began to drink les and crave less no matter their routine. Some may have been weekend bingers others drank daily.

i hope this was helpful.God bless

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 12, 2013 3:48 pm 

Quote:
To: Roy Eskapa, PhD
Re: Larry's question

I can answer about the genes. The opioid antagonists can be effective regardless of whether the alcoholic has a family history of alcoholism. There probably are genetic factors that affect whether the method works, but they are not necessarily related to the ease of developing alcoholism. For example, theoretically one might have a gene that makes the GABA particularly sensitive and at risk for alcoholism. (We suspect that most people develop alcoholism through activation of the opioidergic system, but there is a minority who develop it through some other system, most likely GABA).

David

I thought about this too because it was my case : altough I have a family of alcoholics I was prone to GABA agonists abuse in my young, which lead to alcoholism in fine... I used Naltrexone to do extinction... I must say I had good results so far! :)

If interested you can check in my topic.

wk 1-4:57/24AF
wk 5-8:46/25AF
wk 9-12:41/23AF
wk 13-16:21/25AF
wk 17-20:35/23AF
wk 21-24:26/25AF
wk 25-28:19/24AF
wk 29-32:21/25AF
wk 33-36:7/26AF
wk 37-40:15.5/24AF
wk 41-43:0/21AF
4 years cured

Last edited by hovenal on Tue Sep 20, 2016 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:55 pm 

Very good information. As I am well into my 4th month of TSM and my drinking is actually increasing right now, I am going to up my dose a bit and see if that helps.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:51 am 

I disagree with the habitual bit I still think people have to make an effort to break the habit of drinking. Clinical trials might have made that change a lot easier.

Cravings eliminated Sept 2011
Now fully in control, alcohol no longer bothers me. Chose to go AF from 22nd July 2013.
TSM set me free

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:05 am 

This treatment is made for skin that helps change the features of skin if we want so. All things considered in https://www.a-writer.com/professional-college-essay-writers/ to derive more about this treatment.

Profile E-mail