It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 6:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7
 Post subject: Re: Pacificman's Progress
PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 10:10 am 

That is amazing progress pacificman! It likes like you're a textbook case for getting cured on the Sinclair Method!

1-4: 38
5-8: 39
9-12: 25
13-16: 24
17-20: 18
21-24: 8
25-28: 4 Regained Control at Week 26
29-32: 6
Latest Weeks: Units
33-36: 12, 5, *, *

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 05, 2010 3:47 am 

Another night out last night 12/4. Had about a beer per hour, then had to switch to rum and coke because I was tired and wanted to go home. Had 3. Barely got buzzed, and got home before 12. These nights out have been with the heavy hitters. This is probably about the most I will consume, I lag behind and find it hard to keep up with all the usual round buying. Funny how the tables turned so quick. I was always the fastest before. I even saw an A and W root beer lined up on the shelf as bars do, and really had a craving for one. It is ridiculous how little attraction alcohol now has.

I don't know how much this logging has contributed to my success, but I am glad I stuck to it and listed every single drinking session since I started 12 weeks ago. Even though I did not count my units, (as I would binge and have such far ranging numbers as 0-300 units per week), but I can say that i probably drink about 1/8 of what i used to. Whats more important is that I have complete control over what and when i drink as well as the ability to stop consuming at any time. Blackouts, coming in at all hours, 2-3 day hangovers, $500 nights, etc. ceased to exist the day I started TSM. I also lost that euphoric desire to get to a bar and start drinking. I don't plan my days and nights, or even my travels around getting booze any more.

I was extremely lucky, as alcohol did not have the chance to ruin my life. It of course affected me adversely, but I caught it in time. I would have eventually killed myself one way or another if I had not started this drug. Was I an Alcoholic? I still don't know. I know I was not physically addicted as i did not get symptoms when stopping cold turkey for a month, but i was certainly psychologically addicted, and i was most certainly a severe problem drinker. An alcoholic? Maybe... I dont care. I'm not anymore if I was. Once an alcoholic, always an alcoholic?
BULL S&*#.

Thanks to those that made comments, and im sorry i did not have more time to help others here, but I wish you all the best. I will probably not post so much anymore unless i get any notes of distinction. My case appeared to be textbook, and I am thankful. Whether it was the genes, my drinking patterns or the brain chemistry, it all went so perfectly well. I am going to post this in cured today as well.

Good Luck to all the TSM'rs out there,

Pac Man

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:56 am 

It's been about 4 months since my last post declaring myself cured.

I drink even less these days, and sometimes go 3 weeks without a drink. I bought way too much stock of Nal thinking I would never have such little desire to drink. Without a doubt, an amazing continued success. Not much else to report or say...I'm just living a safe, happy, healthy normal life these days.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 5:56 am 

Hello,

It has been almost a year since I declared myself cured after 12 weeks of using TSM. I really have had no changes since my last report in March besides the fact that I continue to drink less. Maybe 1 or 2 units a month. Never in a thousand years would I have imagined that nor was it ever my goal.

Looking at the post that lists myself as one of the fastest cured (12 weeks) is very humbling, as I am so grateful that TSM was SO effective for me. I have drank without Nal about 3 or 4 times because I had none on hand. I made sure not to do this more than once in a row, and I have felt no regression in the complete lack of desire to drink. I don't plan on making it a habit, but I am not as worried about it as when I was starting out.

I estimate I have saved at least $15,000 US in the last year. This of course doesn't count the big disaster that was approaching due to my behavior.
Life is good. Continued good luck and progress to all the TSM'ers, new and old.

Pacman

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 1:48 am 

9 years since my last post. I have gone through many phases, including drinking too much for extended periods without using nal. Always knowing that I could go back and get it under control, which I have a few times after falling back to bad habits. I was prescribed gabapentin for a neurological spinal cord injury and since then I have not craved AL at all. Presently not drinking for the last year as I am just not interested. I will always give credit to Nal and tsm for saving my life. I still have my original stash of Nal I bought online from 10 years ago, and I frequently use it in low dose form to keep my immune system up. Interesting how tsm is still not mainstream, but drug companies, rehabs, AA and others dont want it to be. Still hoping that one day this WILL be the go to treatment for all those suffering.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 65 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7