It is currently Mon Jul 24, 2017 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New to TSM - Fatigue NAL
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 2:43 pm 

Hello,
I started TSM last Sunday and took 50mg of Nal, which knocked me out. I was spaced, tired and agitated the whole evening, but only drank a glass and a half of wine at home alone.

Tried it again last night and the same thing happened, except I only took 25mg. Also at home alone.

I am trying 25mg again tonight solo and praying I don't get the same awful side effects (spaced out and exhausted feeling).

I have read some people still get this feeling and others build up a tolerance to it, but I am genuinely worried I will not because I'm very sensitive to medications. I'm supposed to go out tomorrow night and I'm afraid to take the Naltrexone - also afraid to not take it. I am trying to build up my system and that's why I've done these experiments solo.

But tomorrow night I'll be in a social situation and I want to be able to have a conversation without feeling like a stoner. Going out for drinks, so what do I do?

Advice sorely needed. Thank you in advance.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New to TSM - Fatigue NAL
PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2017 11:38 pm 

Lucy, sometimes you just have to plow through the side effects. The generally last between 3 days to a couple of weeks. Taking the pill on top of a meal and following up with plenty of water through the night is the best way to minimize the problem.

You could try backing off to 12.5mg as well, then bump it back up to 25mg when you don't have any commitments that evening. When you're doing ok on 25mg, go up to 37.5, then 50. If you can't get beyond 25mg, just proceed at that level. Occasionally some will do just fine with 25mg, while some don't get results until they dial it up to 75 or 100mg. Dr. Sinclair found that most people need 50mg, so that's his recommendation.

Welcome to TheSinclairMethod, Lucy! Glad you joined us and we hope to hear more from you soon!

There's another community at http://optionssavelives.freeforums.net/ if this board seems to be having problems. You might like to read a few of the stories over there too.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 7:12 pm 

Any update? I am on day 2 and definitely feeling the same.

Figure I can power through a bit of off feeling seeing as I powered through everything alcohol related for a long time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2017 9:51 pm 

Def hang in there, Audahere. Way worth it in the long run!

There's more action over at http://optionssavelives.freeforums.net/, but tons and tons to read here. You might want to check it out as sometimes this board goes down.

Profile E-mail