It is currently Mon Mar 04, 2024 6:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Naltexone efficiency and nicotine intake
PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2023 7:35 pm 

Brief intro first:

I've been active here long time ago and tried TSM for roughly 6 month without much success. The only clear effect was that alcohol was slightly less pleasurable, making it easier to moderate. Even then, moderation was still a major struggle. In the end, I quit TSM and since, within the last 6 years, my alcoholism became much worse: minimum 10 drinks a day, drinking at work, culminating in the first DUI (caught when the car broke down on the highway; don't do it - super-expensive and car breathalyser is a major nuisance).

Before all that, my transition from heavy drinking without much dependence into a full alcoholism coincided with my successful quitting smoking, in 2008. That went well - no desire to smoke ever since.

Anyhow, one paper caught my eye recently and may be relevant here: https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1111/acer.13601

The gist of it is simple: Naltrexone is shown to be significantly more effective in nicotine consumers (presumably tobacco smokers). See the attached figure from it. Now, of course, smoking kills too! But here is what I am thinking: nicotine patches, because they release the drug slowly and steadily, are either barely addictive or not addictive at all, and don't seem to have any appreciable negative health effects (except for reactions to adhesive).

So, I am thinking of trying TSM again but this time with nicotine patches. Half a 14 mg patch (despite what the label says, cutting them is totally fine as long as the unused part is stored in the tightly closed small zip bag) cost 60 cents/day for Walmart's house brand product. Seems worth trying.

What do you guys think? Any relevant experiences or thoughts? Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Naltexone efficiency and nicotine intake
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:34 pm 

Consumers often turn to online reviews and recommendations before making purchasing decisions. A positive online reputation positions a Avarup business or individual as an influential voice in decision-making processes.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2023 1:35 pm 

Maintaining a low profile is often a key aspect of bodyguard services. Professionals in this field are trained to carry out their duties discreetly, ensuring the security services in california safety of their clients without drawing unnecessary attention.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:37 am 

Ensure that wiring is elevated and positioned above potential water entry points. Avoid routing wires in areas prone to n70 headlights puddling or splashing, reducing the risk of water exposure.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:56 am 

Practice spatial awareness and consider the people around you. If someone expresses discomfort or requests that vapeszn you refrain from vaping near them be understanding and accommodating.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2024 7:25 am 

Collaborations between sneaker brands and artists or musicians and other fashion labels are a driving force in streetwear trends. Limited-edition releases resulting from these birkenstock sale partnerships create a sense of exclusivity and desirability.

Profile E-mail