It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: WARNING: Nodict Brand of Naltrexone
PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 11:53 pm 

My personal opinion is that nodict is fine. I always crush my pills anyway. I think it was q who brought it up many moos ago, I'm not even sure he still follows the protacol

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:25 am 

Thanks for the replies. :)

I've used ReVia, NoDict and Naltima. I was surprised to read of a possible problem because all have worked equally well for me.

Haven't had a drink since July; champagne on New Year's Eve is appealing to me. Not the alcohol itself, but the ritual of the toasts & bubbly. I think I'll use a Naltima *just to be on the safe side.* I wouldn't be surprised if I end up taking the Nal as planned, and then decide against the drink. Such has my interest in alcohol been extinguished! :D

Best, K

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 12:53 pm 

palmfrond wrote:
Thanks for the replies. :)

I've used ReVia, NoDict and Naltima. I was surprised to read of a possible problem because all have worked equally well for me.

Haven't had a drink since July; champagne on New Year's Eve is appealing to me. Not the alcohol itself, but the ritual of the toasts & bubbly. I think I'll use a Naltima *just to be on the safe side.* I wouldn't be surprised if I end up taking the Nal as planned, and then decide against the drink. Such has my interest in alcohol been extinguished! :D

Now, see, we totally need more "visits" from cured people like you. It's misleading when most of the posts are from struggling people.

Good for you. Enjoy the celebration. :)

I'm bloggin' it up! Check out Naltrexone Key:
http://naltrexonekey.blogspot.com/
Facebook page

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 9:34 am 

thomas1210 wrote:
My personal opinion is that nodict is fine. I always crush my pills anyway. I think it was q who brought it up many moos ago, I'm not even sure he still follows the protacol

You are correct, I don't visit here often anymore. I went completely abstinent about a year and a half ago, so I'm not following any protocol per se.

Yes, the Nodict topic was brought up some time ago, but there was quite alot of supporting evidence behind individuals having issues with Nodict at the time. Just because people aren't talking about this issues now, doesn't mean the previous information is any less valid. There were more people doing TSM back when this topic was brought up. If you look back through the threads provided, you will see that several people who were successful with TSM on another brand of NAL actually feel back into heavy alcohol consumption after switching to Nodict.

I have no idea if Nodict is truly good nor bad from a medical and/or chemical standpoint. I can say that their was enough evidence to raise red flags with the brand of Nal. The point of this forum is to get information out to the public and then let the public decide what to do with it. None of us are doctors or pharmacists.

Q

Restart TSM: July 2012 (65 units/week)

Weekly Progress:
Units: 45, 41, 44, 53, 42, 45, 41, 42, 40, 48, 39, 27, 12, 30, 45, 35, 45, 50, 48, 50, 35, 46, 44, 56, 52, 45

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 1:36 pm 

Huh. I was just thinking about you this morning, Q. No ****. I thought, I wonder if that Q guy ever ended up drinking again or not. I swear I have ESP sometimes. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you're not. I still on occasion think about your vivid Schick Shadel (sp?) blog, especially if I'm giving someone propofol.

Goal=No Al, No Nal

Jan = 0 Drinks, 31 AF
Feb = 15 Drinks, 23 AF
Mar = 0 Drinks, 31 AF
April = 0 Drinks, 30 AF
May = 0 Drinks, 31 AF

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 8:24 pm 

barryb3 wrote:
Huh. I was just thinking about you this morning, Q. No ****. I thought, I wonder if that Q guy ever ended up drinking again or not. I swear I have ESP sometimes. Anyway, I'm glad to hear that you're not. I still on occasion think about your vivid Schick Shadel (sp?) blog, especially if I'm giving someone propofol.

The aversion that Schick Shadel gave me is still very strong. The smell of alcohol still makes me nauseous.

Really neat you remembered!

Restart TSM: July 2012 (65 units/week)

Weekly Progress:
Units: 45, 41, 44, 53, 42, 45, 41, 42, 40, 48, 39, 27, 12, 30, 45, 35, 45, 50, 48, 50, 35, 46, 44, 56, 52, 45

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 4:46 am 

Nodict works fine for me. I do not quarter or pulverize the pill; just eat it whole and count to 60.

Grateful for Sinclair, Eskapa, this community, and the NAL.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Naltrccord brand of Naltrexone
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 10:03 am 

I'm on Naltraccord brand which is film coated anyone know if this is time a release tablet

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:11 pm 

Now I am confused! I just started this brand and TSM two weeks ago. I have noticed feeling kinda "spacey" right after taking these pills and my brain feels fuzzy for 24 hrs. And my drinking has NOT decreased. If anything I am drinking even more. Please advise.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:20 pm 

I wouldn't freak out after only two weeks. It may be fine. A few of us felt a powerful difference right away, but for most it took some time to realize the difference.

They are not time-release; that's just a persistent rumor. They do have a thick coating, and some of us quarter (or outright powder) the pills so that the thick coating doesn't make them take too long to kick in.

Many people feel a little fuzziness when they first start naltrexone, regardless of brand. That's nothing to worry about. Did you start with the 25mg starter dose? Some people need time to acclimate.

NoDict has enough concerns and quality control issues that it wouldn't be my first recommendation, but my own pills are NoDict and they work just fine. So do many others. I wouldn't sweat your brand choice too much unless you get through several months with no noticeable change.

If you scroll back through this thread, you'll see the newbie version of me freaking out about having NoDict. I was worked up over nothing. :lol: It was fine.

I'm bloggin' it up! Check out Naltrexone Key:
http://naltrexonekey.blogspot.com/
Facebook page

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next