It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 5:11 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
 Post subject: Re: WARNING: Nodict Brand of Naltrexone
PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:27 pm 

melissa1928 wrote:
Heeeey, I just had (maybe) a brilliant idea. Years ago I saw "make your own capsules" gadgets in health and herbal stores, which let you fill gelatin capsules with your own herbs or whatever.

They were kind of like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Capsule-Machine-fill-201c00-201c-capsules/dp/B006OQ4316

http://www.amazon.com/Cap-M-Quik-Tamper-Capsule-Filling-Machine/dp/B005SSNMZO?SubscriptionId=AKIAIWRYGV3WVC2SBITA&tag=JOYBIL-20

Could we not powder the NoDict and put the powder into rapidly dissolving capsules? Assuming some is lost to the powdering process, 1.25 tablets would be equal to or slightly greater than 50mg.

For those who are sitting on a large supply of NoDict and find the nasty taste a deterrant, it might be worth investing a few bucks. More hassle, of course, but it might be worthwhile if the taste is really that bad, and it'd certainly be simpler for someone away from home to have capsules rather than having to powder a pill in a restaurant.

How about crushing the tabs and sprinking it over yoghurt and drinking it. I think the yoghurt should cover the taste/bitterness of the pills to a sufficient degree.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:54 pm 

As someone who has one of those pill capsule makers, it could work, but you would have to add some inert filler so that you could fill the capsules to the top, evenly.

But id just cut the pill in quarters, that should increase the surface area and increase absorption.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reinforcement

Read "intermittent reinforcement" and "schedules"

Pre: 14-30/wk
9 Oct 13: 2.5
15 Oct 13: 3.5
17 Nov 13: 1.75
28 Feb 14: 2
1 Apr 14: 2

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 2:11 pm 

As I mentioned earlier, my brother has been on TSM since early 2009. It has kept his drinking pretty much under control. He first started with Nodict and that was very effective at the start. But seems later batches from last year are ineffective and he noticed his drink going up. He switced to Naltima and everything became OK. Now he ran out of it and a new order we placed is late in arrival, so he went back to his remaining Nodict supply. He cut the tabs in 4 and it seemed to have no effect. In 2 days his drink has practically doubled. I'm thinking its a bad batch or poor manufacturing standards rather than time release. We hope his Naltima order arrives soon.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 14, 2013 5:07 pm 

FWIW, my NoDict has been fine. Anyone who has already bought NoDict should at least give it a try. There are enough reported problems that people looking to purchase should probably use other brands, though. A clear trend is developing.

mimir, can't your brother just abstain for a while? If he's been cured since 2009, short-term abstinence shouldn't be a problem.

I'm bloggin' it up! Check out Naltrexone Key:
http://naltrexonekey.blogspot.com/
Facebook page

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:16 am 

Seems our concern for Nodict was unfounded. My brother chewed the tablets last couple of days and they worked well. Just surprised that splitting them in 4 had no effect.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:26 pm 

mimir wrote:
Seems our concern for Nodict was unfounded. My brother chewed the tablets last couple of days and they worked well. Just surprised that splitting them in 4 had no effect.

Yeah, I'm surprised as well. Is he sure he was waiting the full hour?

Well, whatever, as long as it's working.

Facebook page

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 4:44 am 

Just from memory of looking at the Nodict I always thought the problem was that they might have taken longer to break down as they looked to be very well coated. I use the UK brand Nalorex and always try and wait an extra 30 minutes (90 minutes total).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:20 pm 

That's why I quarter them. If the problem is the coating, I'm covered. If chewing works for your brother, great. Whatever works, right?

Some people think the manufacturer just doesn't have very good quality control, because one order will work great while another is overkill and yet a third is useless for the same person. That's certainly possible.

I'm just glad that mine work, at least when quartered, but if I buy again I'll buy Naltima. Part of me wonders if I have a ridiculously strong batch and that's why drinking immediately became a rather miserable experience.

Facebook page

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 10:18 am 

Has this question been resolved?

In the second edition of his book, Eskapa explicitly names NoDict as one brand of Naltrexone that is acceptable for use with The Sinclair Method. (p. 102)

Any of the tablets can be dissolved in water (one 50mg pill in 50ml water) for easy ingestion. The resulting liquid is sour-tasting but not awful. This is a method often used by those using the LDN (low-dose Naltrexone) protocol.

Best wishes to all throughout 2014!

(edit: spelling)

Last edited by palmfrond on Sun Dec 29, 2013 3:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Dec 29, 2013 12:14 pm 

palmfrond wrote:
Has this question been resolved?

Nope. :)

If I were doing it again, I'd probably spend the extra money for Naltima rather than take a chance. The NoDict did work fine, though.

Facebook page

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next