It is currently Fri Jul 10, 2020 12:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: iPhone drink tracker?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:16 pm 

Anyone know of any decent drink trackers for the IPhone? I always have my phone with me and can't always recall the previous evening accurately. Just a thought.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: iPhone drink tracker?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 1:28 pm 

Hi BamaJohn,

I've experimented on-and-off with an iPhone App called "BAC Alcohol Calculator." It allows you to select your sex and weight, and then lets you drag and drop drinks onto a timeline. It's pretty simple, it looks very sharp and you can choose from a lot of drinks. The downside I've found is that it's not very discreet - people have asked me what the hell I'm doing dragging all these colorful beverages around on my phone.

I rarely use the app these days, because counting drinks has become a pretty strong habit.

Give it a try - I'm pretty sure it's free.

-H

Milestones...
Pre TSM: 90.00/1
First 6-Month Average: 34.66/2.46
Second 6-Month Average: 37.07/1.88
Lowest Total: 11.00/5 (Week 29)

Longest AF Streak...
495 Days

Current AF Streak...
7 Days

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:37 pm 

Hesster

Lol, and thanks. Will give it a look. Tried doing it on my fingers and toes but didn't have enough digits for weekend days.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:44 pm 

I have never used something high-tech to keep track, largely for the reason hesster mentions... far too obvious... A trick that I used to use was to put six poker chips in my left pocket and move them to my right pocket one-by-one for every drink that I had. The idea was that I would cut myself off after six. That happened pretty seldom, but the same thing could be used to count drinks.

Former out of control, literally fall-down and piss-yourself Black Label fiend. First dose of Nal 3/29/2012. Transformation became undeniable on 5/18/2013. The bottle used to scream my name, but now it has shut up.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:46 pm 

Hi generic

Might use some variation of that. Thanks. Tonite am using the app Hesster suggested. I will figure out something.

Although I am not sure even that I will worry that much about it. Right now I am going to, but I believe that TSM would work even if I weren't aware I was taking the pill. But I do like seeing progress in others threads.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:42 pm 

Hey, John! Hope all is well! I just noticed this. I didn't find anything I could use, so I use the following link that works on my iPad:

http://www.cleavebooks.co.uk/scol/ccalcoh3.htm

And a spreadsheet in QuickOffice (came with my Android.) Any app that has a spreadsheet might work. There is quick office pro etc that works, too. Hope that helps!

After control: 3-6 units per month, 25+ alcohol free days!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:36 pm 

I have an entry on my calendar called Units, that repeats every day. I just write 'em down in there. I did lose track at a party the other night, but I was just being lazy. I drink beer in cans and pop the tab off and put them in a pile (that's when I'm at home). I know a guy who lines up the stirrers from his drinks when he's at the bar, but you have to be careful the bartender doesn't "clean" them up.
I like the poker chip idea. I guess you'd want to carry more of them then you think you're going to drink, so you don't run out. That wouldn't help. I suppose you could use anything: pennies, dried beans. I think I'm going to try that next time I'm at a party. Its all about the units, although I tend to write down WHAT I drink in addition to how many (i.e. 3 bourbon, 4 beer, 2 wine).
If I had had some chips or something in my pocket, at least I would have had a more accurate count.

Month 1: 75/wk avg.
Month 2: 77/wk avg.
Month 3 78/wk avg.
Wk 13: 99
Wk 14: 103.3

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:20 am 

If you are drinking too much fat than it is very dangerous for your liver because it is a kind of drug for your body. According to my viewpoint assignment writer, you will learn information about drugs.

Profile E-mail