It is currently Thu Dec 03, 2020 1:01 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Fake Naltrexone?
PostPosted: Sat Oct 31, 2009 9:50 pm 

I reported in other threads that my brother was doing well after the 5 month mark and even seemed to lose all cravings at around the 6 month mark, but it went downhill from there. At the 7 month mark his drinking is back to pre-TSM levels.

Now I did some research and found that the online pharmacy we ordered from (unitedpharmacies.com) has somewhat of a mixed reputation. One customer has even tested his meds (not Nal) in a lab and found them fake.

I'm not saying that this pharmacy is in it to scam people, but that perhaps they're suppliers may not be solid or dependable. Especially for generic meds that are manufactured in 3rd world countries. There are perhaps looser controls on the quality or genuineness of the meds than in the West. My brother was using Nodict, made in India. We think that his first batch was good (6 month supply), but his last batch may have been bad.

We will re-order again from a different place but only the genuine stuff (Revia).

Just thought I would mention it in case anyone is using generics and finding TSM not working (ie, after 6 months), that there *may* be a possibility of the meds not being up to standard or even fake.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Fake Naltrexone?
PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:44 am 

Nodict is no more or less real than Revia - they are theoretically identical drugs, just packaged differently. Ordering from a reliable pharma-supplier is the most important thing IMO

Wk 17-24 75/1.2/2.7
Wk 25-32 61.5/2.3/1.6
Wk 33-40 47/3.5/1.1
Wk 41-48 47/3.5/1
Wk 49-56 44/3.8/1
Wk 57-64 45/3.8/1
Wk 66 45/3/1
Wk 66 65/1/1
Wk 67 48/3/1

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:04 pm 

Hi,

Yes I know they are the same ingredient (Naltrexone Hydrocholride) and that genuine Nodict is just as good as Revia. My concern was that that the source country may not have as stringent controls in the distribution of meds as in the West and perhaps less scrupulous suppliers may offer 'different' grades or qualities of Nodict to unquestioning online retailers at cheaper prices. Asia is a major source of counterfeit drugs (esp China and Thailand) and I guess that somewhat had me worried about Nodict since its sourced from Asia. Revia (made by Bristol-Myers Squibb) is I believe manufactured in Europe or the U.S. and the supply chains to pharmacies may be a little more secure.

But you're right, I guess the main thing is to deal thru reliable online pharmacies who would likely have solid sources for their meds. Unfortunately the online pharmacy we last dealt with doesnt seem to be as good as we thought. So we're going to have to look at an alternate source and we may opt for Revia next time.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:57 pm 

mimir, that is very worrying, and thanks so much for drawing attention to it. It's so strange that he felt so indifferent to alcohol and then lapsed back almost to where he was at the start after switching medication batches. This could be a lesson to us all, and is definitely something to think about.

Thanks so much for posting, and I hope your brother will get back on track with the Nal from another source - please keep us posted - information like this may very well save lives.

All the best to you both :)

eight

01-05: 87, 101, 118, 73 (sick), 128 (est)
06-10: 120 (est), 122 ("), 76 (sick), 132, 144
11-15: 111, 102, 125, 113, 124
16-20: 110, 139, 163, 134, 172
21: was bad, but got things back under control
22+: not bothering

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:14 pm 

Even when active ingredient is the same, the two pills can be different. For example, I got NAL from alldaychemist (aukward website and ordering but ultimately all went well and the service is reasonably good, particularly for an unbeatable price) - that is, "Naltima". Those pills are not even coated... Seem to be just compressed NAL with minimal amount of additive to keep the tablet together. The pills are very bitter and I imagine dissolve much quicker than any typical coated stuff.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 21, 2020 4:36 am 

You are sharing the best information for us here. It is very helpful for us to find the best ideas like this to use it in our life. From the assignment writing services australia we can learn how to find what we are required and need it urgently.

Profile E-mail