It is currently Fri May 29, 2020 10:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Nodict vs Naltima - my impression
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:13 pm 

Alright, I can't be 100% sure that what I am about to post is NOT my imagination. It is actually impossible to be sure, particularly for N=1 and without any controls. That said, my experience has been:

Nodict did not work for >8 months, resulting in a gradual slide from 14-21 units/week to almost all the way back to >10 units/day (and steadily).

I've been back on Naltima for 18 days now. It works. The effect was almost immediate, with units dropping twice (an average of 4.9 units per drinking day for the 17 days since; 1 AF). Today was very first time since I restarted Naltima when I stopped at 3 units simply because I did not feel like having more. (I do now, but not strongly enough to put away my tea).

All this is very mysterious to me because I just don't know how to explain it. I tried chewing Nodict - it first seemed to help but then it did not at all, so I think it was a delusion of sorts. I also tried taking two Nodict tablets. That DID have an effect - just not the desired one - the units on "double Nodict" dropped only insignificantly but the feeling of being "down" and waking up with a terrible headache was quite obvious.

Assuming that all of the above is true, the mostly likely explanation is a difference in chemical composition. E.g., Nodict contains contaminants that compete with or attenuate effects of naltrexone. Or, it's actually some contaminant in naltrexone that is active substance that works in helping to keep drinking down and Naltima has it while Nodict does not. Differential bio-availability or absorption rate, even if Nodict is not a time-release tablet (it's not) is also a possibility.

For the record, when I don't want to drink while on Naltima, it's because alcohol quickly, after a few drinks, gives me a slight queasy feeling (like a super-light version of antabuse) - not because of the mythical "pharmacological extinction" setting in.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Nodict vs Naltima - my impression
PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:44 pm 

I have used both and am using nodict right now.. i am only down from 50 to 40 units right now in the last 2 months..

I hated the harshness of Naltima as its just a standard Tab. Will let you know if the nodict is junk in a few months.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:25 am 

Hi Nutella, I answered you in another post a few weeks ago but reading recent new arrivals' experiences this past week or so makes me wonder if the two are not very different. Some new people seem to be having quite violent reactions to Nal 'from India' (I don't know which brand they are using), while other people say they feel nothing...

How are you getting on? Have you noticed anything?

Curi

25/12.5mg 8-7-8-6-6-10-6
12.5mg 6-5-4-etc
2-3u/session 2-3/week since Sept 2011

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 8:40 pm 

I just started tsm a few days ago, and the brand i have is nodict. Whether it works or not time will tell, but i definately noticed a weird sensation when drinking on it. And slight nausea but hoping it's just as effective. Surprisingly my hangovers have been non-existent, just the queasy feeling that only started with the nal. Thanks for any info/advice, feeling really comfortable on these forums and glad to be at least TRYING to help myself again!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2013 3:36 pm 

Blue79 wrote:
I have used both and am using nodict right now.. i am only down from 50 to 40 units right now in the last 2 months..

I hated the harshness of Naltima as its just a standard Tab. Will let you know if the nodict is junk in a few months.

Its Junk, im back on Naltima. It think its because it may be a compressed tablet it takes longer to absorb, a naltima tab if you put it in a glass of water it breaks apart quickly.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 3:39 am 

Actually in reality who use the Nodict or Naltima they live in the world of their thoughts and never come to the real world. Many bad people try to harm them and grademiners scam them to harm in different ways to those people.

Profile E-mail