It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:49 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Ultimate Nalover
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:42 am 

Hey Everyone, After 3 AF days I went out partying with my oldest daughter. A few beers at one place, oysters and beer at a second bar and then champagne at a high end hotel roof top bar. I probably had 10 to 12 drinks or US units. Normally I would be up at 6:30 with no hangover at all at this level. I felt like I'd been run over by a cement truck. Laid in bed until noon and didn't start feeling better until around 3 or so. Today is AF day 2 after my little adventure. It is a powerful motivation not to drink. Drinking heavily on NAL makes me feel just dull and stupid, I sure don't enjoy it. I've come to realize that if I have more than 3 or 4 beers on NAL I pay a heavy price. Maybe this is a normal part of the extinction process?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Ultimate Nalover
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2016 10:44 am 

Retread, some just seem to have a much more pronounced Nalover than others. I myself noticed I still felt hungover even when I got down to the 4 pint per night range, but then thought after having 5.33 units (4 pints), why would I expect to not have a hangover. Although I do recall reading of some who have a bad nalover from just 2 or 3 drinks. That being said, aversion due to the nalover could play a part.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:39 am 

That does sound pretty terrible. Let it be a learning lesson for ya ;)

I am fortunate enough to have never experienced the dreaded nalover but then again it sounds like a lot of regular good old hangovers I've had in the old days. Of course that would be after a night of consuming 25 drinks... yuck!

FWIW if I know I am going to a party i plan ahead and try and remember to drink water between drinks. In fact what I do since I am a beer drinker is just rince out my empty bottle and fill it with water then I am walking around with a beer bottle full of water.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 26, 2016 10:49 am 

Another thing to consider is what you're drinking and the sequence. If I followed up beer with wine, I'd most always get a ripping hangover. OTOH, I've started with harder stuff and ended up with beer and weathered it much, much better.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:53 am 

Retread - to me there was no rhyme nor reason why I would or would not get a Nal-Over - all I know is that they put me in bed for the day! I only had two fortunately - one I had one from 3 drinks! The other from 4 drinks.

hope you are feeling better!

hugs, Maggie

Month 12: 4 drinks TOTAL (Dec '15)
13: 2 drinks (nearly) for Jan '16 !!!
None since Jan '16 I feel that I can safely say that I am cured!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2016 2:51 pm 

usually 5 drinks plus can make me feel something, whereas before that was nothing to me. if I occasionally went on a 10 drink binge, I'd feel REAL crappy the next day. I'd say fairly normal, overall!

months 7-12: avg 13/2 AF/wk
months 13-18: avg 11/3 AF/wk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2019 2:10 pm 

I guess that these view topics are not great and that we need more on top essay writing services reviews. If they help us on this, then it'll be the best thing that I will be doing.

Profile E-mail