It is currently Wed Aug 05, 2020 6:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: looking for other tsm'ers in Virginia
PostPosted: Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:53 pm 

Hi im Dave. Im new to the tsm program. I live in northern virginia and am wondering if there are any groups that meet up in dc area. It would be nice to meet actual people who have had progress or success with this thing.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: looking for other tsm'ers in Virginia
PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 2:34 am 

Hi Dave

I'm from England, it's not the norm to to be able to find actual groups that meet up, it's been discussed on here a few times but I'm not aware of anything coming from those discussions.

I suppose that TSM doesn't require the support group in the same way that other methods may. That doesn't mean that some of us would benefit from them.

The good news is that IMHO this forum gives great guidance and support. TSM Itself is very simple, you follow a golden rule without fail. (Naltrexon/nalmefene 1 hour before you drink and then do what you normally do).

In reality it's more of a roller coaster ride, especially for those seeking early results.

I hope you manage to find support in Virginia but if you don't please hang out here, I'm eight weeks in I probably wouldn't have stayed the course without the folk on here.

Best of luck

John

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 12:14 pm 

Welcome virginia guy,

Have you started yet or thinking about it? All I can say is that a month in I'm seeing positive results. If you're motivated and are willing to follow a simple rule.........TSM works!

Thistime is right on! this board is a great place for support (and research). I have learned so much here, and no question it makes the process less stressful.

We all want quick results but guys like Plantpro are right when they say us newbies need to sit back, follow the protocol, and let the science work. Some of us have habit/psychological aspects to our drinking that we have to be conscious of, but the Nal sure makes that easier by helping with the physical side of things.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 1:24 pm 

Hola. The group Moderation Management holds some F2F meetings, and there are a lot of smart non 12-step folk there.

Check out their website

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2019 7:44 am 

We are working on this and we are a group of people, who is operating this system from a different destination but our main hub of connecting is the same. Please do check resumewriters once and let me know if this is suitable for you.

Profile E-mail