It is currently Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Introducing Swaggie
PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2012 8:07 am 

Hi

I'm a 50 something professional from Australia who has found himself owning up to his struggle with alcohol and is really blown away with his early success with TSM.

For my sins I have worn out two beautiful wifes in the past with my drinking and inattention to their needs. They are still friends and we share children's lives but my drinking has always won out when push comes to shove and that is something that I will always regret.

My current wife is a little different and I am blessed to be with her. She is a partner in my life and she is a partner in my TSM program. We run a very successful business together and after many years of making do we have learned the secret of success. When you are ready and motivated you need to throw off the constraints of working for a boss and work for your self. But you have to understand the value proposition for your customers first - we earn about 50k per month in our business so we are pretty comfortable in what we do and spend and eat and drink. Its a real trap if you have the tendency to drink too much as I do.

I got to the stage late in 2011 that I was drinking to I blacked out. My beautiful wife confronted me about this and I said I needed help. We checked out a number of clinics who ended up promoting 12 step, or rapid detox ($25k based in Bali for 3 weeks) or 3 month communal programs. None of these met our shared values. Both of us had been extensively trained in NLP, CBT, Hypnosis and similar modalities. My wife has worked in clinical positions and I have provided extensive training in these in My country Australia as well as New Zealand and Hong Kong. To me the self flagellation of AA is repugnant - (I have previously done the meetings, antabuse, Naltraxone with Valium and no drinking etc etc with no avail)

So after I came across TSM last year I tried to get access to Nal. A local doctor prescribed "Willpower" when I asked for a script for Nal. I tried a number of others to no effect. I purchased through River Pharmacy and after a months wait I had the Naltrexone. I was traveling in Asia while waiting for the delivery and I can tell you that it is not easy to access Naltfexone in Hong Kong, Singapore, Thailand or Vietnam so I relied on Hypnosis that probably reduced my drinking by half.

Having a partner that has read the Cure book and whom I can talk about my cravings and needs and understands that I need to drink in order to reduce my drinking is invaluable.

I feel almost a missionary zeal about this program. Maybe i'm in the honeymoon period where my interest in drinking is reduced but leaving half drunk glasses of wine around the house is something I've never experienced before.

Swaggie
Melbourne
Australia

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Introducing Swaggie
PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 9:32 am 

Hi Swaggie! Glad you found The Sinclair Method and this forum!

One of our members has the username Sticky and she too is in Australia. She has persevered in this program for more than a year and is finally seeing real progress. As am I in my 12th month. It took a long time to begin to reset my brain, but it is happening, thank God!

I believe strongly in God however in the case of my alcoholism: Science is my Higher Power. There is just one rule to follow here-- Nal+Al+Patience=Regaining Control.

I encourage you to track your unit intake and read the threads of the members who have earned their way onto the "Cured" list.

Again welcome and you are lucky to have the support of your wife. That definitely helps on what might be a long and bumpy ride....

Strap in,

Ketchikan1

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 3:34 pm 

Isn't sticky from NZ? ;) anyways, welcome Swaggie! It sounds like you just might be experiencing a honeymoon period, with all this reduced drinking and enthusiasm for TSM :) Don't be alarmed if your units creep back up for a while; this is often part of TSM for many people.
It is fantastic that you are being supported in this venture - I think that gives you a great change of success!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 4:37 pm 

Welcome to the group! There's a lot of collective wisdom/experience on the board so give yourself time to read deeply. The threads on the "cured" list can be especially helpful.

It's great you have a supportive spouse. we're here to back you up as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2012 10:31 pm 

Hey Swag--

Sorry to hijack your thread, but Electra is totally right! Sticky is in New Zealand. Wow! I had that wrong in my head for nearly a year. Why did I think Sticky dwells Down Under????

Huh.

Dunno. Just did. I stand corrected.

I always heard that in New Zealand there are more sheep than people. It's where the "Men are men and the sheep are nervous." And it is Sticky's stomping ground.

So noted,

Ketchikan1

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 6:17 am 

Most of the blogs like taht which are very good and they help people to meet them with the help of the best and top active blogs. I have many blogs list but the best and top is assignmentman.co.uk who are working on the same concept for the people.

Profile E-mail