It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:41 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Reintroducing myself after 6 years
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2017 8:14 pm 

Hi Folks -

I successfully managed to rid myself of my daily drinking when I did TSM back in 2011. I enjoyed about 2 1/2 years of complete non-alcohol use and no desires. It was absolutely amazing how well TSM worked. Just like the good doctor said it would. Glory be. Then one sunny afternoon in 2014 I got this crazy idea that I could have "just one beer" to cool off... sans Nal. Need I say more? The story's been told too many times. They don't call it the "Golden Rule" just to be cute, do they.

Well, even though I didn't dive head long into ugly or even really conspicuous daily drinking, the one beer eventually over the period of the next three years matured into four to six daily, and then, gee why not a little schnapps to back that up. Etc. Uh huh. Now we're really playing with fire. So alright. The Chariot of Firm Resolve swung by a few days back, and I jumped on! I had been planning to find a jumping point for about a year, and had acquired a fresh prescription of Naltrexone, since my existing stock was getting a little long in the tooth, as they say. (What is the shelf life of naltrexone anyway?)

So as of last Tuesday, I'm officially back on TSM for round #2. This time I have little fear that I will taunt the Golden Rule. It plays for keeps, and it's takin' names. Lesson learned. Not necessarily the hard way, but certainly the long, tedious, stupid way; and as a bonus prize, here's 40 extra pounds to pack on my belly as a badge. So welcome me back, if you will.

I'm thankful for this and the other TSM supportive sites and you folks who doggedly stick around to help us keep our focus and show they way.

- Oz

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Reintroducing myself after 6 years
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2017 2:16 am 

Well, at least this time you knew exactly what works to handle the problem, Ozy!

This board has been up and down a few times, so if you can't get on or it's too slow, there's also a community over at http://optionssavelives.freeforums.net/

Profile E-mail