It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 6:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Chronic Pain, Fatigue, and Nal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:07 pm 

Hello Everyone,

Although I am in great health now I went through a number of surgeries as a teenager. As I grow older (mid 30s now) the pain from these surgeries gets worse. I'm not exactly in chronic pain, but certainly in chronic discomfort. This discomfort has definitely intensified since I started Nal (started about a month ago). The excess discomfort / pain has caused me to be a little more anxious that usual (I am normally anxious, but controllably so), and I am getting tired earlier in the day than I used to.

My question is this, does anyone know whether using Nal disrupts the natural endorphins produced in your body that may help deal with chronic pain? Am I 'missing out' on a natural pain reliever that may have been helping me pre-Nal?

Has anyone else experienced anything similar? I tried searching threads for 'pain' but it resulted in 26 pages, so sorry if this is a repeat thread!

I've also been more depressed since being on the Nal, and am wondering whether that ties in as well--endorphins produce a natural high, and I suspect my body produced a lot of them pre-Nal.

My chronic discomfort is, incidentally, is one of the reasons I credit to having started drinking regularly.

Thanks all,

Z

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Chronic Pain, Fatigue, and Nal
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:26 pm 

zebron wrote:
My question is this, does anyone know whether using Nal disrupts the natural endorphins produced in your body that may help deal with chronic pain? Am I 'missing out' on a natural pain reliever that may have been helping me pre-Nal?

I'm no expert so I can't tell you for sure if that's why you feel more pain now than a month ago. But yes, absolutely, Nal locks down your endorphin system and it is your body's natural pain relief system. I'd be highly inclined to think that's the cause. If it is, there's a small upside. On your selective extinction days (AF/no Nal) you're endorphin system will be going haywire from being locked down for so long. So that's maybe something to look forward to.

I'm sorry you're in pain :( -E

edit: If you can take two AF days in a row and not take Nal, you can test this theory.

Weeks 0-26: 80, 65, 97, 90, 80, 101, 104, 83, 83, 88, 91, 83, 100, 39, 32, 71, 51, 34, 4.5, 0, 5, 3, 6, 11, 0, 0, 0u

I'll always naltreksonipillerin advance

---Lo0p (resident geek :roll: )

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Chronic Pain, Fatigue, and Nal
PostPosted: Tue Oct 27, 2020 5:30 am 

Well the sharing information would be wise and helping as well to know about the different pains relief methods as well. There are the number of supplements in the market which are prescribe by the doctors and really helpful for the pain relief. I have found uk-dissertation.com review information quite educational thanks for your sharing.

Profile E-mail