It is currently Fri Sep 25, 2020 7:47 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Heart palpitations
PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 10:00 pm 

Hi there I was wondering if anyone has experienced heart palpitations on the days they do not use Naltrexone? I find it odd that they occur only when I'm NOT using Naltrexone, any comments would be appreciated.

Cheers

Wintyr.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Heart palpitations
PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 1:59 am 

Hmm. It's hard to pin down the cause of something like that. The obvious question is whether the palpitations are from NOT drinking, since they fall on the non-drinking days. Maybe it's anxiety, a frequent cause of palpitations. You will find that some people experience palpitations with Naltrexone, but that's interesting.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:00 pm 

Nope and not a side effect I'd heard of.

I did have strange muscle and heart spasms when withdrawing from alcohol if I'd been on a long, heavy binge but I've not been on anything like that since I started TSM.

Cravings eliminated Sept 2011
Now fully in control, alcohol no longer bothers me. Chose to go AF from 22nd July 2013.
TSM set me free

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 2:59 am 

Yeah it is weird, I thought it was a withdrawal from taking Naltrexone and maybe for me it is. Thanks barry and UK blonde for taking the time to respond. UK blonde I remember following your progress on MYO with baclofen and all the troubles you had, you went through hell and documented your progress in good detail, thank you for that because baclofen did not work for me either, it gives me such hope to see your success with TSM, I hope it works for me as it has for you and so many others, I haven't gone back and read your story with TSM but how long did it take for you to really start to see progress if you don't mind me asking? By the way, there were two blondes along separate sides of the river, one yells to the other "how did you get over the other side!" the other one yells out "you are on the other side"..... love blonde jokes:) tee hehe...PS I'm as blonde as they come..

Cheers

Aussie blonde :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:14 am 

Hi Wintyre,

If you enter "heart palpitations" in the search field you will see that there are a few posts about them. I don't know how you usually drank before TSM but if you were a daily drinker and are now experiencing AF days it could also be an effect of alcohol withdrawal.

I think you should check it our with a doctor.

Good luck.

Curi

25/12.5mg 8-7-8-6-6-10-6
12.5mg 6-5-4-etc
2-3u/session 2-3/week since Sept 2011

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:17 pm 

wintyr wrote:
Yeah it is weird, I thought it was a withdrawal from taking Naltrexone and maybe for me it is. Thanks barry and UK blonde for taking the time to respond. UK blonde I remember following your progress on MYO with baclofen and all the troubles you had, you went through hell and documented your progress in good detail, thank you for that because baclofen did not work for me either, it gives me such hope to see your success with TSM, I hope it works for me as it has for you and so many others, I haven't gone back and read your story with TSM but how long did it take for you to really start to see progress if you don't mind me asking? By the way, there were two blondes along separate sides of the river, one yells to the other "how did you get over the other side!" the other one yells out "you are on the other side"..... love blonde jokes:) tee hehe...PS I'm as blonde as they come..

Cheers

Aussie blonde :)

Hi Wintyr good to see you here, and glad you are still trying things.

I saw a change immediately in that my units halved overnight, and I wasn't acting in a destructive, stupid way I used to whenever I got drunk.

Took about 6 months for the cravings to go entirely, did have a few more spikes since then - one or two which worried me but I knew I was ok because that burning drive was gone.

Now fully in control, alcohol no longer bothers me. Chose to go AF from 22nd July 2013.
TSM set me free

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 25, 2013 4:25 pm 

Thanks for that Curi I'll check it out:) and your right it could just be a withdrawal from alcohol thing too. Thanks UK blonde for that info, 6 months hey, I've been on TSM for 4 and still drinking far too much, I know I have to be patient I guess its just going to take longer then I hoped and recently I am drinking more then usual which sucks! I long for the desire and cravings to disappear...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:43 am 

wintyr wrote:
Thanks for that Curi I'll check it out:) and your right it could just be a withdrawal from alcohol thing too. Thanks UK blonde for that info, 6 months hey, I've been on TSM for 4 and still drinking far too much, I know I have to be patient I guess its just going to take longer then I hoped and recently I am drinking more then usual which sucks! I long for the desire and cravings to disappear...

Patience is required but one thing a few of us 'successes' did was to take direct action to try and cut back ourselves. I know it sounds stupid but there were times when I decided I really didn't want to drink, went to bed early, removed alcohol from the house that sort of thing. It seemed to get us on our way actively making that effort over and above TSM. Was a bit daunting trying to have AF days, but I think it was then that I started to realise the cravings were abating. Also quite a few noticed if they ate before drinking that helped them reduce their units too.

Just some ideas.

TSM set me free

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:17 am 

There is nothing I know about heart palpitations but I do want to know about them. I came to this site to read some content about university assignment writing services but I came to this post. And I am very much interested to know about it.

Profile E-mail