It is currently Fri Aug 07, 2020 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Timing of Naltrexalone - running over pill's effective time?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 9:49 am 

New to the community. Glad to find it. I have been taking Naltima (Indian Naltrexalone) since 9-27. I have cut my consumption in half, but still seem stuck at about 7 to 10 units per day. I think it may have something to do with timing. First, I think I read somewhere that Naltrexalone lasts about 2 hours. Is that true? If so, I take it around 4:30 PM and have my first glass of wine when preparing dinner - around 5:30 (never before). Then I drink until 9 or 10 PM. Am I running out of time and drinking beyond my Naltrexalone's time, thereby cancelling out my pharmacological extinction?

Side note: Next week I go to a Dr. that specializes in TSM. There is ONE in Dallas. I hope the TSM continues to catch on. Nothing against 12-stepping but it did not work for me for 23 years and I have worked the steps MANY times, know the BB inside out, always had a sponsor. Thank God I decided to watch "One Little Pill" one day.

Harmonicaman

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Timing of Naltrexalone - running over pill's effective time?
PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2017 10:57 am 

Welcome to community, Harmonicaman! I'm so glad you found a way out of the traditional "treatment" paradigm!

My understanding is that you should be covered up to 12 hours after you take the pill, but some write that they redose as early as 8 hours. That being said, TSM is rather up and down as the addicted part of the brain gives up, fights back, gives up, etc, etc. There's a 4 month graph on this page that shows an example of drinking levels under TSM, but note that most people take 6-12 months:

http://www.cthreefoundation.org/options ... self-sober

It took me about 6 months till I was indifferent to alcohol and I "stalled out" for about a month a couple of times along the way.

Some things that might help:

1. Wait till you actually crave a drink to take the Naltrexone.

2. Keep a NA drink by you, but leave your alcoholic drink in another room so you can't "chain-sip", especially during those times when you normally drink more quickly (like when you're watching TV, talking on the phone or step out for a smoke.

You only need one drink after taking the Nal and waiting an hour, so scheme a bit and see if you can find some way to dodge those subsequent drinks. Try to notice the feeling that actually moves you to grab a fresh one and question it, delay it, mess with it's agenda.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 12:50 pm 

Thanks, @JoeSixPack. It's a relief to know it's 12 hours. And that it takes that many months. I don't know where I got the 2 hours. The TSM doc I'll be seeing this week will cost $300 plus the script. But it's better to get a real script, IMHO. and thanks for the tips!!! I felt pretty alone before finding this group.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 9:48 pm 

I'm really glad you stopped by, Harmonicaman! Check out the community at http://optionssavelives.freeforums.net/ too, there's a bit more action over there.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2019 12:25 am 

It is about the medicine that changes the body acting by taking a dose of it. People after taking a dose of it give ukessays review about it and tell others how it works it will be benefits or not.

Profile E-mail