It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: New to TSM--Several Questions!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 1:39 pm 

Hello: I am about to embark on my TSM journey, and I've been doing a lot of reading in these forums. It seems that a fair number of folks start on half a pill or less, to avoid side effects. I'm wondering if I should start on 25 mg's for the first few rounds, before bumping it up to 50? In general, are there other things that one can do to prevent side effects?

Also I'm concerned about the potential problems that might arise if I'm on Naltrexone and I have some sort of accident requiring serious pain meds? Is this an issue that has arisen for anyone, and if so, what have you decided to do about it--medical bracelet, card in the wallet, etc?

Cheers, and Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New to TSM--Several Questions!
PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:04 pm 

Gillian, I answered this in your other thread, but the short answer is yes, people seem to have the best luck if they ease into it. Some never get any side effects, some get them so badly that they can't continue with TSM. Even some of those manage to press on with a little help from their doctor.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: New to TSM--Several Questions!
PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2018 8:11 am 

Thanks Joe, I saw that this morning. I appreciate your informative post and the links to all the resources. I'm feeling good about this decision. It looks like this is a really good place to come for guidance. I hope I get to help other people down the line here myself.

Cheers!

Profile E-mail