It is currently Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Trying...
PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2016 11:59 pm 

I just had 6 AF days. In order to achieve AF days I have no alcohol in my house. I work Sunday through Thursday. I'm an LPN/Charge nurse at the local nursing home in my hometown I have been for 23 years, I started working at my current job when I was 18. I'm trying to really quit drinking when I'm working and focusing on losing the 20 lbs I've gained from Lexapro, wine and midnights snacks since last October. I went from 120 to 140 in a matter of months. I took my nal tonight at 830pm and had a few glasses of wine. I was so excited to have a drink and when I did I thought, wow I have been craving this wine all week and it taste like s!$&! My goal is to be a normal drinker and enjoy life. I white knuckled through the first few AF days cried for a few minutes when I got home from just because the stress from work and I always drank at least a bottle of wine a night ...ugh, but the next few were much better. I started TSM on my 40th birthday May 3rd and I have found it successful thus far. I have had 11 AF days since and lost 8 lbs since. I had not had 1 AF day in the past 2 years I was drinking a liter of wine a night. It's possibly folks with TSM. It does take discipline.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Trying...
PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 1:02 am 

Amazing Steph, and congratulations. That sounds like a very pronounced confirmation that the Nal is going to do the trick for you!

Wecome, and Happy Birth Month to you!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 4:47 am 

Awesome! Happy Birthday!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 3:21 pm 

Welcome Steph - that is great about your AF days but please do not have them if you are white knuckling - the idea of TSM is to take the nal then drink as usual - yes, it is a good idea to be more mindful but you are such early days yet! I admire your determination and Nal really was a miracle for me - feel free to post and ask questions - good to have you aboard!

Hugs, Maggie

Month 12: 4 drinks TOTAL (Dec '15)
13: 2 drinks (nearly) for Jan '16 !!!
None since Jan '16 I feel that I can safely say that I am cured!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 7:49 am 

welcome Steph and congrats on the success so far. like Maggie said, don't push the white knuckling AF days early on. if you keep taking the Nal and drinking, that second glass of wine will seem less and less appealing. sounds like you're off to a great start. Nal on!

months 7-12: avg 13/2 AF/wk
months 13-18: avg 11/3 AF/wk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 22, 2020 3:09 am 

The nice step that you are taking sounds good that you are taking these steps to engage yourself to become a good person. If you want more tips you can check at essayontime review here they can help you with this and can let you make a good person.

Profile E-mail