It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: My drinking habit
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 4:58 pm 

That's the spirit, Lilavi! Keep on asking "Do I really, really need that next one?". Some days you will want the next one and some days you won't, but what's most important is that you stopped "the machine" and challenged the beer's authority over you in the first place. That's really important and a very good sign.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 3:40 am 

I'm glad to hear that. I really feel better after one beer than after 3 or 4. Plus I feel better the next day, no hangover, no guilt, no worry that my mom will know I drank the previous night. And if I don't drink at all, I can focus on my business which is difficult or impossible when I drink almost every day.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:09 pm 

I drank only 1 beer today and I don't want to drink anymore!!! It's amazing that TSM is working again. I am happy. That binge must have been just some setback I overcame :)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 2:46 pm 

Sometimes there's what's known as an "Extinction Burst" as the addicted Reward System in the brain makes a desparate last grab at the bottle. Only time will tell if that's what happened, but that could be an explanation.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 7:59 am 

I hope you're right. It would be great to get back to occassional drinking.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:40 am 

Well.. I drank so much yesterday that I don't really remember how many beers.. around 12 I guess. I was ordering beers by taxi service. I met my neighbor around 7am watering the plants and I was receiving beers from a taxi driver.. I was ashamed.. still drank it. Today I lied to my mom that I have some virus, I even went to a doctor to complain but she felt the alcohol and said "you know you shoulnd't drink right?" Ashamed again. Now I am hangover but at home and alone and I won't drink I hope. Is TSM not working for me maybe?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2018 10:45 am 

TSM doesn't cause you to drink less every time you drink. Some days you do better than others, but if TSM is working you will drink less overall. It's not unusual to drink more after you have a few days of drinking less. So watch out for that and don't go beyond 2 beers if you tend to lose control on beer number 3.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:55 pm 

I hope you're right. I am trying to drink mindfully. Last time wasn't mindful. I had a terrible hangover. I am ok now. Today I am drinking less. I would like to have more AF days though. Should I press myself and do the AF days even if I crave alcohol?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2018 8:01 pm 

I would stay away from denying the craving, Lilavi. Best to have a TSM drinking session when you crave, especially since your parents are away. If you don't crave, don't take the Nal and don't drink.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2018 11:16 am 

What is craving anyway? Is it like "I have to drink right now" or "Maybe I would like to drink but I'm not sure"? Sometimes I don't really want to drink, I just do it out of habit I guess. Plus drinking so often is really exhausting for me, I don't like it.

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 305 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next