It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 7:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: How Long Do I Continue With the Sinclair Method
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 7:48 am 

Dear All,

I have asked the same question to doctor Eskapa as well but would like to know your thoughts as well.

I have been taking Naltrexone for the last one and a half years. I have seen no significant improvement, in fact no improvement, I have some bad days and I have good days. However I would really like if the TSM worked on me. How long should I keep trying to see if TSM will work on me ?

I roughly drink at-least 375ml of whiskey an evening.

I have been taking the Naltrexone about 95% of the time when I drink. Does effect me in any way ? Sometimes I forget to take it.

I have bought your book but not read it yet.

Looking forward to an answer from all of you.

Kind regards,

needhelp

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: How Long Do I Continue With the Sinclair Method
PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:53 am 

Dear needhelp,
Can you see any changes in your drinking? drinking more slowly, things tasting strange, more clarity or control? Did you get any side effects from nal when you first started?
No one wants to tell you that you might be in the 20% for whom naltrexone does not work :( but I suppose it is a possibility, if you have truly not had any changes while taking the drug.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:52 pm 

Hi NeedHelp and welcome,

I don't think Dr. E visits the boards much so he most likely won't answer your question.

How have you been taking your Naltrexone? Has it been as per the TSM protocol? - 1X50mg tablet 1 hour before you drink, if you don't drink, you don't take Naltrexone. I think it would be very wise to read the book, you might well find some answers in it. I don't know if you are a man or a woman or what weight you are but perhaps 50mg isn't enough for you ? I only take 25mg because of the side effects and so far it's working for me (although I am aware that it is early days for me yet) Are you being followed by a doctor? The Cure or Regain Control time frame varies a lot but it seems that the older we are and the longer and more we drink, the longer time we need to regain control, so, someone in their 30s might regain control after 6 to 9 months of TSM whereas someone in their 50s who has been drinking abusively for 20 to 30 + years could take double that.

Perhaps if you could give us more information about yourself and your drinking habits and your Nal taking methods, someone here might be able to guide you better.

Best,

Curi

25/12.5mg 8-7-8-6-6-10-6
12.5mg 6-5-4-etc
2-3u/session 2-3/week since Sept 2011

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 5:04 am 

Dear Curi and Electralou

Thanks for your response.

I usually take the Naltrexone roughly one hour prior to my alcohol consumption. Although there are very few times when I take it less than one hour or after I commence drinking (this happens about 3to 4% of the time because I forgot). There have also been times when I have forgotten altogether. However as I said more than 95% of the times I take the Nal one hour prior to drinking. Yes one 50mg tablet. I am a 31 year old male weighing 70kg's (154 pounds) and have been drinking abusively everyday for the last eight years (quantity has increased over time). No I have not been to a doctor, I live in India we can easily get the Nal without prescription.

As far as change in my drinking patterns, not much I drink at the same speed and it all tastes the same and I had no side effects when I started the Nal. What are the side effects ?

I am beginning to think more and more, I just might have to adopt more conventional means of treatment like a center, I am really hoping TSM works.

How long does the book says one must keep trying if it doesn't work?

Thanks again for taking the time to answer my questions.

Regards,

Needhelp

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 6:01 am 

Hi NeedHelp,

I don't really know what to say to you, it sounds like you are using Naltrexone correctly. If there are days that you do not drink, you should not take Naltrexone.

Here is a link to the ebook The Cure for Alcoholism, you can download it from Amazon with a Kindle, which in turn can be downloaded for free:

http://www.amazon.com/Cure-Alcoholism-A ... 592&sr=1-1

According to Dr. Sinclair, the method does not work for approximately 20% of people but before deciding that it's not working for you, are you getting the Naltrexone from a reliable source? Is it possible that you are not receiving real Naltrexone? People here recommend https://www.riverpharmacy.ca/index.php (I think this is the right site).

The side effects vary, I personally experience nausea, sleepiness and a feeling of pressure in my ears and I get very hungover if I drink more than 3 units of alcohol, some people actually throw up if they drink too much while taking it. I and many others feel a difference when drinking with Nal, it's verry difficult to explain but it's a bit like my body feels the effects of alcohol but my mind stays alert.

You do need to "help" the method along though, after 18 months you should be having alcohol free days, try setting a goal of one day per week and then increase gradually. Also, never drink on an empty stomach and make sure you are not thirsty, drink a pint of water before your first drink and drink a glass of water after every drink, this should slow you down and help you to drink less. Perhaps you could change drinks? If you are drinking whisky or vodka for example, could you try changing to wine or beer or a long drink like Gin & tonic?

For some moral support and to be able to objectively analyse your drinking it might be a good idea to start a Progress Report thread and count your daily units and write about your experience, sometimes we feel as if TSM isn't working but when we look back over the figures we realise that we are in fact drinking less than without Naltrexone.

If it turns out that Nal isn't working for you I have been hearing very good things about Baklofen too so it might be worth a try, on the condition that you are sure of your pharmacy source.

Best of luck,

Curi

25/12.5mg 8-7-8-6-6-10-6
12.5mg 6-5-4-etc
2-3u/session 2-3/week since Sept 2011

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 1:13 am 

Sin Clair method is the method of reading and writing the story of same lining up the huge matters. The board index has the general message with the introduction at online professional resume writers for the making of resume good and professional for long sense.

Profile E-mail