It is currently Thu May 25, 2017 5:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14
 Post subject: Re: My drinking habit
PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:42 am 

Hmm. You may want to increase the amount of Naltrexone to a full pill (50mg). The LDN might not be enough to block the endorphins completely, which would allow your brain to re-learn that alcohol=pleasure.

As I recall, being lonely and bored is a big trigger for you.

I also suggest that when you are drinking (especially when you are lonely/bored) that you don't keep the glass by you. Leave it in another room and keep a non-alcohol drink close to you. Whiskey can also overpower the conscious part of your brain very quickly and then your sense of control will be badly affected. I would suggest you stick with beer or wine in those situations.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 12:13 pm 

Thank you for your advice. I took a 50mg pill every time before drinking, and even though I drank so much. So my sister who is also a therapist, decided that I should go back to antidepressants in full dose (I quit them a few weeks ago) and sleeping pills in full dose. Those worked very well for me in the past. I might have to get back on track because I apparently don't cope well without them.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:56 pm 

Antidepressants work well to suppress the urge to drink for some people. The same antidepressant might make a different person drink more, so make sure you take notes and if your drinking increases suddenly, let your sister know right away.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:11 am 

Ok, I will pay attention to that issue. I had 2-day break from drinking and today I bought 4 beers. Will se how it goes. I even took 75mg of Nal as I weigh a lot and that might also be important. So hopefully I will drink 4-6 beers and not more, to not be hungover tomorrow and to see if it works for me. Because I'm already worried about my recovery. I don't want to drink more and more. I want to drink less.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 12:20 pm 

I forgot to mention that I am still looking fot that buzz while drinking and that's maybe the reason why I am not successful. I try to over-drink the Naltrexone and to get the effect I am looking for..

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 135 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14