It is currently Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: He is one week in...discouraged
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:27 pm 

So my boyfriend started with TSM one week ago, he has been taking Nal one hour or two prior to drinking every time but he's drinking everyday around the clock. Each day has been different from 4,5 UK units to 29,5 UK units per day. The lower unit days were due to him having a hangover and feeling tired or just didn't feel like drinking more but then after the "resting" low unit days he goes back to drinking in the higher unit range. What's going on? How many booster Nals does he have to take since he's drinking around the clock (Af when he's sleeping!)? Since alcohol doesn't exactly give you a smooth and sound sleep, he gets up at 2/3 am and drinks, although usually what he had left over but still the beers are 5% and up and they are 500ml cans. Tonight he opted for wine, downing glass after glass. The wine is 12% and he bought a 3L bag in box. I know he will have to finish the whole box. I am feeling so discouraged. I don't know what to do. I will write down tomorrow, here, how much he's been drinking and what he has been feeling so maybe someone can see whether the pattern is bound for a lost cause case or is there something more I should be to support him or maybe we have been going about it in a wrong way from the get go.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: He is one week in...discouraged
PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:56 pm 

lionessroj: I really feel for you. I think it would really be worse to be in your position than to be the actual alcoholic. It is worse because, at the end of the day, it is up to him and other than offer love and support, you cannot "do" it for him. Sounds like it is going to be a long hard road too. You must really really love him. Sending prayers and hugs your way, wish I had something more concrete to offer. Newlife

Month 1 16/wk av 4AF month
2 17/wk av 5 AF
3 18/wk av 6 AF
4 NT
5 NT
6 NT
7 17/wk av 4 AF
8 17/wk av 5 AF
9 13/wk av 5 AF
10 & 11 NT
Beginning tracking again Week 48
Wk 48 18/2 49 14.5/2