It is currently Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:02 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: snip
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:48 pm 

snip

Last edited by cureforalcoholics on Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: CureForAlcoholics.com
PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2014 8:47 am 

Hey I just wanted to say thanks for putting the CFA website together. I particularly liked the why page, where you made the effort to contact various organizations.

And of the quotes you listed, I particularly liked this one:

“I’m not trying to eliminate AA,” says Dodes, the former director of substance abuse treatment at Harvard’s McLean Hospital. “I’m just saying it should be prescribed to that tiny group who can make use of it. It’s terribly harmful when you send 90 per cent of the people for the wrong treatment advice.”
- 2014 Toronto Star Article

Thanks again!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2014 9:59 pm 

Hey, great website...I have already posted it to several Facebook things.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 7:17 pm 

Thank-you so much all41 and broccoli :) :) I really appreciate your support!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 5:14 pm 

As much as I would love to share this, how do I "share" without letting everyone know there is a problem in my family? I am serious - I know this could help others, but I can't betray my family member who doesn't want to let the cat out of the bag..

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:36 pm 

Could you talk about a "friend"? That's a generic term, so nobody would guess you necessarily meant a relative. Or could you just speak generally about "people"?

I'm bloggin' it up! Check out Naltrexone Key:
http://naltrexonekey.blogspot.com/
Facebook page

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:23 pm 

I think spreading the word is great but I have to wait until this works for me to shout it from the rooftops. I have told my family and friends I was quitting so many times. I have tried everything pretty much out there to quit and all of them have failed hence me being here. So I know I need to be positive for myself that TSM will work as long as I follow the Golden Rule but if people don't see me in control, or as we say Cured I can't stand behind TSM until then. When that day comes I will do all I can in my power to spread the word but that is just me. Thank You cureforalcoholics for your much needed information for people out there with your website!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:38 pm 

dipgal - great question... i think one way to share without breaking anonymity would be to drop off or mail some of the doctors literature (or other pages about TSM) off to a detox, a doctors office, a recovery clinic. I believe that Claudia (from One Little Pill) came across TSM originally because she saw a pamphlet for the injection in a detox(?) and realized after researching that it contained Naltrexone and then came across TSM that way.
best wishes,
cure

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 9:47 am 

It is absolutely not well-known.

I discovered it fortuitously while searching for non AA methods of treatment. A counselor I work with, who has done it for many many years, also had no idea whatsoever what naltrexone is.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2014 8:12 pm 

Me too Guapo.

I was desperate. My wife had written me a "letter" and we were on the verge of talking to lawyers.

I found TSM while researching treatments for alcoholics, but it was buried beneath thousands of pages and references to AA, commercial rehab, and 12 step references. The truth is (at least here in the USA) that the conversation is dominated and inundated.

Unfortunately, to a desperate unknowing internet searching alcoholic, terms like "Sinclair" "TSM" "C3 Foundation" and "Eskapa" mean nothing. They aren't something you'd look for if you don't know that they're there...........

The only thing I can suggest is that the TSM-related websites review and beef up their internet meta-tags very carefully, and do everything possible to make TSM easier to find. They face stiff competition on the net from commercial interests that would love to sell a $50,000 rehab stint.

Profile E-mail