It is currently Sun Jun 25, 2017 2:37 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: ldn 3-4 mg
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:48 pm 

hi everybody. im Mike 34. is it ok to start ldn at 3-4mg dose to get my body use to it before i go to 50mg and drink alcohol(wich sooner or later i will). tried rehab, aa, diet, meditation. wanna give tsm a go (desperate)...when i start drink i cant stop till im in hospital or detox . and every relaps is worst...realy had enough(till i get beter and start to think am not an adict) its just a mad cycle for the last 10 yrs

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ldn 3-4 mg
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 2:25 pm 

Hi, Mike. Sounds like you drank like me. Prescribing guidelines suggest beginning at 25mg and then ramping up to 50mg as soon as you can. Have a small meal and glass of water before dosing. 2-4mg will basically do nothing though if there's some medical reason for titrating up so slowly I can appreciate that. You should make it a point to read, 'The Cure for Alcoholism' by Dr. Espaka and watch the documentary, "One Little Pill' if you haven't already. People who understand the ins and outs of what's systematically occurring do much better it seems. Let us know if in any way we can help and keep us posted on your progress.

Also, be aware there is another TSM forum that notably more active at the moment:

http://optionssavelives.freeforums.net

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 6:30 pm 

I agree with Bardo. 25mm at the least for no more than 3-4 days, then ramp it up to 50mm. I suspect you will have some success. good luck!

months 7-12: avg 13/2 AF/wk
months 13-18: avg 11/3 AF/wk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:05 am 

Might be good to plan a day off following the night of your first dose, just in case your side effects are a bit tough to walk into work with.

If you do have side effects, they generally pass in a few days to a couple of weeks. Some have no side effects at all.

Whether you check in here or over at Options Save Lives, please do let us know how you're doing. Lots of good info and tips in either place.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:06 am 

thx guys...i watched the movie and ordered pills...cant wait to start

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 2:18 am 

Grüüven, Michael! Glad to hear it!

Did you order Naltima or Nodict? The Nodict has a coating on it that's a bit tougher to get through, so best to take that an 90 minutes beforehand, rather than the standard 60 minutes. In either case, check out this for info on how to start and about adding mindful/conscious drinking to your routine:

http://optionssavelives.freeforums.net/ ... hints-tips

Here's a log you can use to help you keep track, it helps develop the conscious aspect. It's great to be able to look back at your progress too, as TSM can be kind of up and down. You'll be able to look at the graph and see a downward slope where both the high drinking days and the low ones are getting lower by the month:

http://optionssavelives.freeforums.net/ ... graph-tool

It seems to me that this will likely be the year that you get the beast under your thumb! Congratulations on taking that first step!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:26 am 

i ordered naltrexon from thailand 50mg x10 tablets to try it first and some from israel just in case my doctor wont prescribe it to me...cos they all say that am just fine(even alcohol abuse centre!!!) because i managed to stop by myself but the truth is i was super lucky(again!) cos on my holiday in Egipt i booked a trip to cairo and i couldnt get any alc for 24h and i didnt die!!(withdraw symptoms).i know im fine when i dont drink! for fu.. sake.. from the outside it may look like funny stories but they r not (i was even called stupid and masochist and asked to consider psychiatric tretment! by highly educated in addiction field doctors!!including all members of my familly)...any way thx for ur help guys

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 4:52 am 

and as far as im concerned we r all blessed to get to here ;)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2017 11:37 am 

"i was even called stupid and masochist and asked to consider psychiatric tretment! by highly educated in addiction field doctors!!"

I'd tell them I was going to fix that right away by not paying their bill!

Profile E-mail