It is currently Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:11 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Life Principles opinions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 7:13 am 

Hi, has anyone looked into or tried the 'life principles' website which offers hypnotherapy, bio resonance and laser therapies, to detox and refrain from alcoholism. (Or does anyone know another person who has tried this process?) Would like to hear from unbiased opinions. I am based in the UK.
Thanks!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Life Principles opinions
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 9:03 am 

It sounds sketchy. Hypnotherapy doesn't have any evidence to support that it works for alcoholism, though I think it's been shown to have modest benefit for smoking. Bioresonance is complete pseudoscience (the proposed mechanism of action is impossible). Laser therapy sounds like a good way to take advantage of the placebo effect.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2014 12:06 pm 

Hypnosis worked wonders for me after minimal benefit from TSM after 6 months. Finally was able to drink next to nothing.
Almost like meditation. I realize there are no great studies. It's barely mentioned in the US, but very popular in Britain. It's cheap, quick and easy.

I know many in the TSM world feel that ALL that is necessary is to take the Naltrexone and let it extinguish behavior. That clearly is not enough for some of us.

There are things like Jason Vales book about "Kick The Drink", finding and combating drinking triggers, Harm Reduction Strategies, etc that will redefine your perception of Alcohol.

The consequences of overdrinking are obvious. Now I rarely if ever get a desire or craving to drink, haven't been above the legal limit for many months. If there is any drinking planned (dinner or whatever) Naltrexone works just fine.

I say whatever it takes to fix things.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:24 am 

Thanks for your responses. Much appreciated. Hope your recovery is going well. Will google the Jason Vales literature.
Jay

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 3:59 am 

Hypnotherapy is effective in preventing the alcohol consumption. It helps by dealing with the subconscious fears, worries, regrets, traumas and such associated with making u want to drink to forget or cope

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:52 am 

Guapo wrote:
Hypnosis worked wonders for me after minimal benefit from TSM after 6 months. Finally was able to drink next to nothing.
Almost like meditation. I realize there are no great studies. It's barely mentioned in the US, but very popular in Britain. It's cheap, quick and easy.

I know many in the TSM world feel that ALL that is necessary is to take the Naltrexone and let it extinguish behavior. That clearly is not enough for some of us.

There are things like Jason Vales book about "Kick The Drink", finding and combating drinking triggers, Harm Reduction Strategies, etc that will redefine your perception of Alcohol.

The consequences of overdrinking are obvious. Now I rarely if ever get a desire or craving to drink, haven't been above the legal limit for many months. If there is any drinking planned (dinner or whatever) Naltrexone works just fine.

I say whatever it takes to fix things.

I Bump this because it remains true, for me much better than taking additional medications, much much much better

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 10, 2015 10:02 am 

It is a good point, Guapo. Do you mind if I ask if you were able to be easily and deeply hypnotized? I only ask because I have tried hypnosis but wasn't able to go under very easily and never very deeply. I wonder if you still get benefit.

Thanks, Newlife

Month 1 16/wk av 4AF month
2 17/wk av 5 AF
3 18/wk av 6 AF
4 NT
5 NT
6 NT
7 17/wk av 4 AF
8 17/wk av 5 AF
9 13/wk av 5 AF
10 & 11 NT
Beginning tracking again Week 48