It is currently Mon May 28, 2018 2:06 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Anyone Doing AA AND TSM both?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:57 am 

I actually really enjoy going to AA and it's a lot more liberal in my area these days than a lot of the AA slamming articles make it out to be. I've been totally open and honest about getting sober through the Sinclair Method. I do not have a sobriety date because I explain that I stopped through a recent medical breakthrough where you gradually taper off. Nobody in real life AA meetings has given me the slightest bit of flak for it--but I'm careful to be extremely tactful.

Every meeting starts with a reading which ends: No human power could have relived our alcoholism and God could and would if he were sought. and I've made my peace with that because who's to say God couldn't work through modern medicine?

I've likened it to the guy in the flood who said, "God save me." and a dude in a rowboat comes by and he says, "No thanks, God will save me." and a motorboat comes by to rescue him and again he says, "Don't worry about me, God will save me." and he's on his roof and the flood waters are rising and a helicopter comes and drops a ladder and again he says, "Don't worry about me, God will save me."

So he drowns, goes up to heaven and says to God, "Why didn't you save me?"
And God says, "Ya dumb ass! I sent you a rowboat, a motorboat and a helicopter!"

I find nothing incompatible with a cure for alcoholism and the spiritual program. The Big Book is not an ideology. "We realize we know only a little. God will constantly disclose more to you and to us."

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Anyone Doing AA AND TSM both?
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 2:14 pm 

Adrian,

Great post, and I couldn't agree more. I am a Christian and truly believe that after years of praying for relief He brought this remedy to my attention when he knew I was ready to embrace it. God works in all kinds of different ways.

If you like AA then I say go for it! Personally its not for me, mainly because it didn't work for me and also because I never really felt comfortable there. However, I think its a great support group for some.

Good Luck,
Cindy

units for week 4-- 9,12,10,8,16,8 Total=63
units for week 5-- 7,6

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:04 pm 

I too prayed to God to lead me to a cure and every day I say thank you with intense gratitude!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 06, 2013 12:39 pm 

Jan24,

Good to see you chime in. We hope to hear more from you!

Cindy

units for week 4-- 9,12,10,8,16,8 Total=63
units for week 5-- 7,6

Profile E-mail