It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 3:17 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject: Re: ****CONCLUSIVE PROOF TSM WORKS: THE OFFICIAL CURED LIST****
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2010 3:42 am 

tambo wrote:
Hey 09.1,

I'm so happy for you. It's great that your cravings are totally gone, but at the same time I feel like you're declaring yourself cured a little prematurely. I know that only you can know yourself and you have the right to declare yourself cured whenever you want so I apologize if it sounds like I'm trying to rain on your parade. I just know that in the past, there were times where I thought that I had control over my alcoholism only for it to rear its ugly little head again sometime later. It sounds like TSM is definitely working for you and I sincerely hope you continue to have no cravings for the rest of your life. And I agree with the others, your progress definitely gives me so much hope for myself.

Well said. My thoughts exactly. While I am very happy for 09.1's success and confidence in his cure and don't want to as you say rain on someone's parade, I think I will be very cautious in making any such declaration. I'll want to feel I'm cure subjectively and then have a period of many months of sustained success with supporting (objective?) data (i.e., consistently low weekly unit numbers) before I will truly feel confident that I'm cured. This is not really meant as criticism, but rather an observation that I would be skeptical of my own cure until it was sustained for a period of months, not weeks.

Having said that, congrats to 09. Your progress gives us all hope.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 am 

I thought it was time to update the list that ~Q~ started by adding Merlot and myself (Saint Vincent). edit: and now several others after searching the word "cured".

~Q~ wrote:
Following is the list of forum members who have been cured of their addiction to alcohol by The Sinclair Method. This is not an all inclusive list, but a list of those forum members who wish to be included on this CURED LIST. If you want to be included in this list, request so as a reply to this thread and we will add you.

NOTE: Each name is a link is to the member's profile, which will lead you to that member's posts if you wish to follow their journey.

CURED LIST
(in no particular order)

SpringerRider
N101CS
Potato
Marbella
~Q~
Happy4Once
Netty
bob3d
mclanet036
Firebird
AJ_ removed his profile
Elfern
PlainVanilla
hapful
Minneapolisnick
BGH
Crown86
bobandcarol
lifeopie1
Merlot
Saint Vincent
BenTSM
avishai
Helsinki
noboozeneeded
DOMD
pacificman
Mario
nemo
zebroni
digetic

Nal+Bac Combo
Lo0p
wort

Hawkeye -- declared himself CURED 4/7/10 but removed his profile

*Ella http://www.thecureforalcoholism.com/ [NOTE: Ella is not an official member of this board; Dr. Eskapa wants us to hear her story in an interview that is found on this link]

Last edited by Saint Vincent on Thu Mar 17, 2011 1:45 pm, edited 9 times in total.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:32 am 

Good job with the update. This list is definitely not inclusive. Ben and Avishai have also declared themselves cured, among others. Avishai only posted once under The Boxing Ring.

(Nothing in this post should be construed as medical/legal advice. Always consult a physician before taking prescription drugs.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:03 am 

Nick and anyone else, let me know who else to add and I'll update my post.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 12:48 pm 

I just searched "I'm cured" on this board and looked back through January 1, 2011. Tambo came up, without officially declaring it; Noboozeneeded came up and so did 09.1, although some argued it was premature. Several others stated they had regained control but didn't want to use the word "cure".

I'm wondering if we shouldn't rename this thread: Conclusive Proof TSM WORKS, THE OFFICIAL CURED LIST AND LIST OF THOSE WHO REGAINED CONTROL.

That would add quite a few names.

(Nothing in this post should be construed as medical/legal advice. Always consult a physician before taking prescription drugs.)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:41 pm 

Hi All - I agree with changing the name to Cured and/or Regained Control. Nick, are you still our moderator? Also, we get a lot of encouragement from you these days, but not much update on you. How is your "regained control" doing. Do you still drink or are you all AF?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 2:38 pm 

Hey HG. Did anyone else ever officially become moderator in my absence? I don't even know. I am doing great, thanks. Last summer I considered myself "cured" and foolishly stopped taking the pill for about a month over the Holidays. I missed the "warm glow" and figured I was cured, so what's the harm. Before the month was up I was back up to 30-40 units in a week or so. I also had a scary, high blood pressure episode after that. But since the Holidays I'm back on TSM and immediately regained control. I typically have 5-6 AF days and then drink moderately on one of the weekend nights. On occasion -- maybe once a month -- I'll pound down twelve beers or so over many hours for old time's sake. ;) But outside of when I stopped taking the pill, I haven't had a hangover or blackout. I couldn't be happier with where I'm at. Thanks for asking.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 12:03 pm 

Hi Nick - Thanks for sharing that update. That is good news. I reread your progress thread a lot for encouragement as I am now at the end of week 14 and I just had another spike in units. I know it is too early to get discouraged, although it is hard not to, but folks like you keep me plugging along.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 11:41 am 

Hi All - How about Kiwichick - She hasn't been on for awhile but her last post said she considered herself 90% cured. That sounds like "regained control" to me. Should we add her to the list? Does anyone keep in touch with her and know how she is doing?

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: The New and Improved Regained Control/Cured List
PostPosted: Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:01 pm 

This list represents people who declared they have regained control or consider themselves cured.

NOTE: Each name is a link is to the member's profile, which will lead you to that member's posts if you wish to follow their journey.

REGAINED CONTROL/CURED LIST
(in no particular order)

SpringerRider
N101CS
Potato
Marbella
~Q~
Happy4Once
Netty
bob3d
mclanet036
Firebird
AJ_ removed his profile
Elfern
PlainVanilla
hapful
Minneapolisnick
BGH
Crown86
bobandcarol
lifeopie1
Merlot
Saint Vincent
BenTSM
avishai
Helsinki
noboozeneeded
DOMD
pacificman
Mario
nemo
zebroni
digetic
tambo
susie

Nal+Bac Combo
Lo0p
wort

Hawkeye -- declared himself CURED 4/7/10 but removed his profile

*Ella http://www.thecureforalcoholism.com/ [NOTE: Ella is not an official member of this board; Dr. Eskapa wants us to hear her story in an interview that is found on this link][/quote][/quote]

Toxic Girl regained control: http://adventuresoftoxicgirl.blogspot.c ... l#comments

Profile E-mail  

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 68 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next