It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: It's Been About One Year And My Numbers Are Up
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 8:09 am 

About this time last year I was dinking around on Amazon looking at books on controlling alcoholism and I saw The Cure For Alcholism. I bought the e-book and read it and it sounded like a plausible action plan for me. I went to my doctor about a month later and got a physical and a blood test and a prescription for Naltrexone and started TSM at the end of July. By the end of December I became a non drinker. Absolutely astonishing the ease of this method. Now I make a gallon of sun tea every day and drink the whole thing, sometimes with sugar like the Southerners, sometimes with lemon. This is more than the 5-10 beers I would drink pre-TSM but a super healthy alternative that I truly enjoy. I still have some of the really excellent craft beers I used to consume but I have no desire to drink them so I put them in my bread machine to make some really delicious bread. Thanks Dr. Sinclair and your rats, and thanks Dr Escapa for writing your book and changing my life.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: It's Been About One Year And My Numbers Are Up
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:32 am 

The title is incongruous with the post. Sounds like everything's grand! No?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2016 11:26 am 

Things are spectacular Bardo, I was just having a little fun in the post title. I never thought I could drink a gallon of iced tea per day, and like it, but here I am. At this time last year, like most people on the planet, I never heard of the Sinclair Method. I drank beer every day, lots of it, as I did all my life since high school. I couldn't imagine not drinking, and could not stop when I tried. Now, after a five month cycle of TSM, my indifference to alcohol of any kind is stunning, if I think about it at all. I will go out to dinner tonight to a tavern with another couple and there will be no triggers to drinking booze for me. But I talk about TSM to everyone who will listen. If the alcohol treatment industry remains silent or even hostile towards TSM then the only hope for it to become well known is for individuals who have been cured to tell other people about their success.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:38 am 

Nomore I am thrilled to read your post! I have had the same success as you - it took me 11 months though but I knew it would work eventually. SO glad that it has worked so well for you. Does your doctor know that you were taking the Nal per TSM? I know that mine does and said that he has suggested it to a couple of other people now - but it is so not well known nor widely used!

Great news!

Hugs, Maggie

Month 12: 4 drinks TOTAL (Dec '15)
13: 2 drinks (nearly) for Jan '16 !!!
None since Jan '16 I feel that I can safely say that I am cured!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2016 9:39 am 

Thanks Maggie! Apparently we both reached cure level around the same time last year and 2016 has been al free. I've lost weight, sleep well, and just feel unchained. Life is good, hope all is well with you. Your optimism and cheerful attitude is contagious here and I'm sure you're helping a lot of people as they struggle with AUD. I will see my doctor again in a few months and will tell him of my success. Who knows, it may get through to him that TSM is a viable option for addiction. It's frustrating when I see so many people suffer and ruin their lives knowing TSM can really work for them and yet it is basically unknown and unused for the most part.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 6:13 am 

Congratulations! I am so happy that it worked so easily for you. Hopefully successes like yours will help spread the word about TSM and help many others with their struggle.

Week 28-42 not tracking

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2016 5:38 pm 

You got me! :D Glad to hear about your success. I am also about a year in and my success as been dramatic but not complete. Keep it up and keep posting once in awhile as the complete success stories help us with smaller success stories continue on.

PS: posted a longer response but it disappeared into cyber space

1/118/1
2/81/7
3/55/6
4/37/14
5/44/5
6/24/8
7/40/12
8/19/13af
9/27/13af
10/34/8
Month 11 - did not count
Month 12 counted last week -34/3af

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2016 4:46 am 

nice work! a year in seems to be a milestone for a lot of us on here. keep it up!

months 7-12: avg 13/2 AF/wk
months 13-18: avg 11/3 AF/wk

Profile E-mail