It is currently Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Yes, It's Too Good To Be True. But It Is True!
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 12:27 pm 

What an awesome post. I needed to read this because I have my doctor's appointment at 4 today. I know he thinks I am an educated nut case. I also am afraid that I will not be given a script for a year. I have to go to him every month to get a script. He gave it to me last month. I will tell him that I will get it on line if I have to.I have only been on the meds for 3 weeks and I pray it will work.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:25 pm 

I think Clarion makes a very important point and one that I have thought a great deal about. When my therapist asks me if I miss it the honest answer is no, absolutely not and the reason is complex. I never did hit rock bottom but was rather a functional bad and worsening alcoholic. But if you find yourself waking up every day swearing to yourself that you need to take a break and you won't drink today and plan on taking a day off only to find yourself almost unconsciously stopping off at the store on your way home to break all your promises then TSM will most definitely work for you. The reason why is because you are truly sick of it and you really do want to stop.

If you are still going to hell in a bucket but enjoying the ride then TSM probably won't work for you.

Having said all that, regardless, if you take Naltrexone one hour before drinking then TSM will work. Period. It's just that powerful idea of gong back to the good old days and getting high that is a trap that some fall in to.

The other part of why I don't miss it is because well... I don't have to miss it... sort of. And that is the power of TSM. With it you are empowered. With it comes control that you never ever had in your entire life. That control is empowering and you still get to drink. So if you are like me and you really do appreciate a well made beer then go for it, you can still have it and enjoy it and that builds a whole new psychological skill set which we have never had before while actually providing yet another lesson in the process of extinction (as long as you take your pill).

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 1:34 pm 

Very powerful Ocean and also very encouraging for those of us who are taking longer than we like to get where we want to be. thank you! Newlife

Month 1 16/wk av 4AF month
2 17/wk av 5 AF
3 18/wk av 6 AF
4 NT
5 NT
6 NT
7 17/wk av 4 AF
8 17/wk av 5 AF
9 13/wk av 5 AF
10 & 11 NT
Beginning tracking again Week 48
Wk 48 18/2 49 14.5/2

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:28 pm 

Hello Everyone!

Just making my annual fly-by check in. 4 years and all is well. Keep the faith!

It really works! Still take my Nal every day. Drink most days, but only in moderation now. Haven't had a hangover in years. Very productive too, -as you might well imagine.

Happy Easter!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 30, 2018 7:44 pm 

That's great, Clarion! Keep coming back with the annual visits and Nal On!

Profile E-mail