It is currently Mon Mar 08, 2021 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Seeking encouragement from cured females
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 11:30 am 

Bump

I was on the cured list, but have had a relapse, hence I'm back....I deleted my previous posts, and have changed my name - clean slate.

Yes, there is a real difference now from several years ago when I had my first experience here. It is very quiet now. But that's how it goes - different people, different schedules, different needs. I post a lot because I have a real need right now to stay connected, and I have the time.

I am getting flak for 'being all over the place' but I'm trying to do just that, and drum up some activity. It would be a shame to let things slide and not show any activity for visitors who are looking for something 'live.'

We could start a thread just for "ladies" you know. Sort of a check-in daily, "how's it going, good morning, I'm planning an AF, or not, whatever," no long commitment which could be saved for Weekly stuff.

Anyone interested? We could put it in TSM Discussion maybe?? Not to exclude the guys but sometimes it's helpful to have a place for women to share...and they might feel comfortable having a place of their own too.
Babs (over on I'm doing the work)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:26 pm 

Babs,
Sorry about the relapse. I don't get in here every day but I check in at least a couple of time a week and would like to chime in for the "Gals". I wouldn't worry too much about the relapse, we all have one sooner or later. The Nal seems to let me be more forgiving of myself if I drink a little over my usual amount. I feel more in control than ever before even though I haven't been able to have the AF days. I have been daily drinker for about 40 yrs. so just being able to cut my daily numbers down and be able to stop instead of swelling the stuff until I pass out is a great improvement. I am into this for about 3 1/2 mo. now and feel so much better about myself.
Here's to all the "ladies". And hey "being all over the place" is what us girls do. It has to do with having all the hormones (even at my age).
Love you all for being here for me.
Choo, choo ---- drive that train

Not to discount all you wonderful guys too. You are all so supportive.
Linda

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 1:36 pm 

Hi Babs

I've just started a weekly thread because although I wouldn't say I've relapsed as such, I've decided to chose to go AF. I have no cravings yet if I drink I'm going over the top each time. Time to quit when I can, especially when at any time who knows the cravings could come back - we don't know what happens long term and whilst I'm in this position makes a lot of sense.

Cravings eliminated Sept 2011
Now fully in control, alcohol no longer bothers me. Chose to go AF from 22nd July 2013.
TSM set me free

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:18 pm 

dothework wrote:
I am getting flak for 'being all over the place' but I'm trying to do just that, and drum up some activity. It would be a shame to let things slide and not show any activity for visitors who are looking for something 'live.'

We could start a thread just for "ladies" you know. Sort of a check-in daily, "how's it going, good morning, I'm planning an AF, or not, whatever," no long commitment which could be saved for Weekly stuff.

Babs, I'm sorry if you're getting flak, I really appreciate all your postings and updates. I feel like I've been posting a lot too, because, yes, I'd like to see more activity and hear more from people both on their way and those who are cured! I update my weekly progress to help keep myself accountable, and so I can look back one day and see the turnaround. I'm totally in for a Ladies topic somewhere.

Now...

May 2017: average 14-20 (per week)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:26 am 

Hello! It would be nice to have a girls place :-) I have to be more active here as well, to keep myself being compliant :-) I don't want to be discouraged if I don't see results fast enough. Would be nice to have a daily check in and ventilate if I need some support. Even though I have just started, and am in no way close to being cured yet...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:45 am 

Hi Ladies,

I started TSM Sept on 2012 I have 142 AF days and a new relationship with alcohol.
TSM works. I have stopped planning my day or week around alcohol. I used to even
allow for a certain number of calories in my day in order to drink an not gain weight.
I gained anyway!

But really I am returning to things I once enjoyed like movies and I want to learn how to sew! I drank for 30 years not all those years heavy but I am giving myself grace to get this
new habit to stick.

I involved myself in early morning weekend activities to discourage my drinking the night
before. Las Vegas is a hard town to not drink :lol:

Anyone who wishes to email me please feel free.

Nal-On

RR

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 6:01 am 

So ok, I'll start a thread on TSM discussion for gals and see what happens. We could discuss girly stuff or just stuff in general that might not interest the guys but if they want to come over that's fine...I'm thinking mostly they won't.

I will check in daily but of course everyone else will do their own thing. I'll call it THE SPA which is where we'd all like to be!!!! So see ya over there.

Babs

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:26 am 

RR- Nal-on, love that! And glad to hear you're doing so well on TSM. I have high hopes!

DTW, great name, The Spa. I'll definitely be dropping by for some rejuvenating conversation! Thanks for starting it.

Now...

May 2017: average 14-20 (per week)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:34 am 

Hi RR

Interesting to hear you are AF, I'm headed that way now and I think it's the logical decision. Glad to hear you are rediscovering life - learning to live without alcohol is an important part of recovery.

Cravings eliminated Sept 2011
Now fully in control, alcohol no longer bothers me. Chose to go AF from 22nd July 2013.
TSM set me free

Profile E-mail