It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Seeking encouragement from cured females
PostPosted: Wed May 01, 2013 4:10 pm 

I am trying to read about the TSM journeys of Females who have declared themselves cured. I have nothing against the guys and am happy for everyone who can get the beast under control, however, being female myself, I would like to here from kindred souls who have made it through this long dark tunnel. Desperately in need of encouragement ! Keek

9/6/2015
wk 1-5AF so far

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Seeking encouragement from cured females
PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2013 10:28 am 

Bump...

9/6/2015
wk 1-5AF so far

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 2:24 pm 

Hi Kekede,

I feel the same way! I would love to be replying to you with my success story as a female, but am just beginning to "do it right" myself, even though I've dabbled before with TSM. I know that UK Blonde on MWO has been very inspiring to me, and I believe she's on these boards as well. In the meantime, would some of you ladies out there speak up? We newbies need to hear from you!

Valentine

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2013 6:56 pm 

Hi. I've only been doing naltrexone for 30 days and had a great effect in the first two days the. Went back up to drinking 2-3 bottles is wine I til 5 days ago when I had 3 glasses one night and 2 the night after that. Now I'm on my 3rd AF day and have no desire to drink. I don't know if I'm cured yet but something has definitely shifted. I'm living in a hotel because my family doesn't want me to live w them unless I abstain completely. I don't want to completely abstain but go back to how I used to be drinking a glass of wine or two a couple x a week. I was really discouraged the first few weeks but now am feeling hopeful. I've been drinking steadily for 3 years anywhere from 1-3 bottles of wine a day. Hope this helps. Good luck And would love to hear about your continued progress

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 3:39 am 

Hi

Sorry I don't have a progress thread, I'm just not very good at that sort of thing. I have posted a largeish post describing my journey on MWO. In the meantime I'm happy to answer any direct questions you may have.

Kasmauskas

Once your family see the difference as TSM really starts to work, they will come around to the idea. I didn't tell mine at first but they noticed the difference and then they got to understand I was fixed and didn't really care whether I drank or not - because mostly I don't and when I do there's none of the old troubles.

Cravings eliminated Sept 2011
Now fully in control, alcohol no longer bothers me. Chose to go AF from 22nd July 2013.
TSM set me free

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:19 pm 

Thanks. TSM is so hard for nonalcoholics to believe in. I am still amazed that I don't care about alcohol like I used to. Many people say, "it's too easy." They're right. It is easy but what's wrong with that why does everything have to be a struggle. It works and that's all that counts.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri May 24, 2013 1:30 pm 

Hi LAdies!!

I'm just fairly new to this too - only 3 months in ... but yes it is good to hear from you girls!

Kasmauskas.... sounds like you are getting on really well now? Are you still on just 2 or 3 glasses or AF?? Well done on your progress so far and I hope things are improving with your family?

Keke? How are you getting on??

I had a good week last week ... managed 5 AF ... but this week not quite so good ... 3 AF so far but I'm not managing my days all in a row ... however, compared to how I was in February .. I'm still delighted .. units going down

hope you're all well .. have good weekend Lorraine

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat May 25, 2013 10:42 am 

Sorry folks, I have been AWOL.....I had a couple of long weekends where alcohol was involved and only one of the 3-4 days of drinking did I take the NAL. This was partly due to "forgetting" it in the hotel room, and partly because I was afraid of feeling bad during times when I should be feeling great. There were only 2 days when I over did it, and still feel like I am making progress. After a meeting with my Psychiatrist, I have decided to take a 12.5 mgs of Nal on a daily basis and then up the dose before I drink. He would also like me to try determining some boundaries; say one week allow myself to drink and then another week have a no alcohol week. Here goes! Keek

9/6/2015
wk 1-5AF so far

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed May 29, 2013 11:45 am 

Bump....I am reading through posts so that I light a fire under my arse. So far I have felt over confident, let my guard down, tried tailoring TSM to meet my alcoholic desires, almost convinced myself to give up, got lazy, and am now picking myself back up again. Please pipe in here ladies (and gentlemen). Reasons for sticking to this program?

1. Nal 1 hour before drinking + patience = CURE

Cure from..........

9/6/2015
wk 1-5AF so far

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:02 pm 

I'm just starting out and would love to have more communication with other women, with anyone, for that matter. It feels like there is not a great deal of participation on these boards, tho I am very appreciative of those who do take the time to post; Babs, Barry, Dave and others.

Now...

May 2017: average 14-20 (per week)

Profile E-mail