It is currently Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Chrissie is Cured!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:35 am 

My story is too common to need telling in any great detail: I'm simply one of the 10% of human beings that has a hyper sensitivity to the affects of alcohol. I sensed this from my first drink as a teenager, and that fact has been a troubsome complication throughout an otherwise satisfactory life.

Over my 57 years, I have managed my drinking w/ varying degrees of success, sometimes through abstinence by way of AA, but mostly muddling through, with white-knuckling moderation. When I first heard of TSM a few years ago, I was drinking daily, & my units growing ever higher. I felt helpless and miserable w/ alcohol…dreading the idea of returning to AA, as I knew of no alternative. I could never accept the "powerlessness", "higher power" or "moral defect" notions that seem to be the basis of AA; I felt I simply had a very bad, very engrained habit, that was complicated by the ensnaring nature of alcohol…what to do, what to do???

Then I heard a program on NPR describing The Sinclair Method, which made sense to me. I bought the book and did further research, but it was still a full year before I was able to over come my suspicion that this was "too good to be true", and actually begin TSM.

I regained control of my drinking at exactly 52 weeks. My progress was steady, and well worth whatever effort and soul searching I've been required to put into the process. I am comfortable around - and using - alcohol. I still enjoy the now greatly-diminished "buzz" of a few drinks, but rarely feel like - much less accomplish - drinking "too much".

I am so grateful for the Sinclair Method, Drs. Sinclair and Eskapa, and also indebted to the members of this Forum that have provided support, understanding and humor along the way. I did TSM w/ only the support of this group, and outside the knowledge of my Dr., ordering my Nal from Alldaychemist, w/ no problems.

TSM is NOT "too good to be true", but it IS truly a miracle for so many of us, and I'm happy to now add my name to that list. Nal on, ever'body…TSM WORKS.

BTW, the name "Chrissie" is a nod to the Pretenders, and their haunting song "When I Change My Life", which was my theme song for many years…before TSM, it was wistful for me and now I hear it and feel triumphant! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5s-jaAzzxos

TSM WORKS!!!

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Chrissie is Cured!!!
PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:45 pm 

Chrissie,
One word AWESOME 8-) !!! I am so happy to hear of your success, you have been one of the most active and supportive members of this site. I truely could not have happened to a better person.

Congratualations and enjoy the rest of your life in control.

Diver

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2013 2:13 pm 

And she calls it! :D I am so happy for you Chrissie and greatly appreciate all the support and thoughtful messages you've provided on this site. It was a long process but you chronicled the reality of it....that TSM often takes a long time and one just has to persevere and keep at it.

Thank you so much for sharing your story and, again, for your support. I am thrilled for you!!!

Started TSM Aug 2012. Had some success but over time the Nal SEs were so awful that stopped taking Nal. Managed a 30 day (Sept 2012) and 46 day (Feb/Mar 2013) AF period which also contributed to getting drinking under control.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 1:41 am 

I am so happy for you! Congratulations! :)

After control: 3-6 units per month, 25+ alcohol free days!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2013 8:54 am 

You go girl! I am so happy for you. Thanks for all your support. You are an inspiration to all of us. :D

Goal : Less than 10u per week/4+AF per week

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:03 pm 

Oh my, congratulations Chrissie!

This is great news and a much needed shot in the arm for me and I'm sure so many others.

All the best to you.
Dabs :D

Craving:5.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:13 am 

Chrissie!

I just stopped by to see how you and all my fellow TSM'ers were doing and here you are! Congratulations and as some have already said, you were always the person I could count on to say exactly the right thing.

Eric

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uZElqfHyjMw

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:58 am 

As one 50+ member who has been struggling with adhering to this program, I thank you for the encouragement in this post. It brings me hope.

9/6/2015
wk 1-5AF so far

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:14 pm 

Chrissie! Congrats!! I missed this earlier. I miss you on this forum but am SO happy for you!!

Profile E-mail