It is currently Wed Mar 03, 2021 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: It took quite a while, but I am cured now
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 2:53 pm 

Hi Everyone,

I was here for a while in 2010. I had a few ups and downs with TSM, over a two year period, but am happy to report that I now consider myself cured. I stopped drinking completely on January 28th of this year. I tried some moderate drinking one last time, on March 24th, and had two and a half units of alcohol. The idea of more repulsed me, and I have not done that again since. I'm thinking that two and a half ounces of alcohol, total, in a five month span means I'm cured.

Here's a condensed version of my story:

I was a chronic alcoholic for twenty-five years. I was hospitalized and sent to detox facilities hundreds of times for acute alcohol withdrawal. I was in inpatient 12-step treatment ten times, including five months of involuntary (against my will) commitment to a lock-down facility in rural Washington State, in 1996. I attended thousands of A.A. meetings. None of this did me the smallest good. In fact, I was classified hopeless, in writing, by several professionals in the alcoholism field.

In January, 2010 I found out about the treatment described in the book "The Cure for Alcoholism". It took two rocky years from that date for me to come out the other side. I am now in my sixth month of effortless sobriety.

All the best,
Ben

Last edited by BenS.TSM on Sat Jul 28, 2012 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: It took quite a while, but I am cured now
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:10 am 

Ben, thank you for sharing such a wonderful story. What a dramatic way to reclaim the rest of your life!

TSM WORKS!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:38 am 

That's GREAT news Ben! Very happy for you that you are able to get on with your life without the crutch of Alcohol. Thank you for checking in and giving us an update, it is encouraging that there are examples of TSM'ers who take over a year to regain control. I'm in my 13th month and it helps me stay committed.

If you haven't already PM "Q" so that he can add you to the list.

Diver

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:31 am 

This story is beyond amazing. Imagine being at the brink like that and being able to pull back by taking a drug and using some inner strength to be patient and wait for the drug to do its job.

Ben, I'm sure your road was a rocky one and that there were many days when you thought TSM would not work. I'm so inspired!!!! You give all of us hope: from those who drink a little to those who drown themselves in booze often. We all want control of our lives. I'm coming back to TSM after trying many other things but I'm even more convinced from reading your story that if I use naltrexone, my brains, and some strength I'll be able to control my drinking.

Thanks for telling us your wonderful result.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:43 pm 

Ben: A very powerful story indeed, and so important for those desperate to regain control of their lives and for those whom TSM is a marathon, not a sprint.

Thanks for checking back in. Hope you can do so from time to time in the future.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:11 pm 

Congratulations Ben,

You inspire me to continue on. Thank you for your important story.

Best wishes,

Weekend drinker usually 1 beer and 2-3 wines

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:26 pm 

I spent one and one half years taking nal, still drinking the same amount. Wonder what I was doing wrong, finally stopped taking Nal this new year. I need some input, as I think I should get back to the TSM protocol.Could it be that I am one of those unfortunate twenty percent for whom it does not work.

Profile E-mail