It is currently Sat Apr 10, 2021 4:18 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: ****Ketchikan1****CURED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:33 pm 

Hello to my wonderful online support system- my cherished and beloved TSM family-- here I am! Forgive my absence but I needed to absolutely retreat and take a step back while quietly finishing this miraculous treatment.

It worked.

I have come through to the other side of drunken mismanagement and into the beaming light of reverent sobriety shielded by genuine gratitude and respect for my journey travelled. It was long, my friends as you well know.

When I hit my year mark March 1st, 2012 I was anxious to claim victory over my dismal alcoholic tendency. My soul insisted, "Not so fast." I actually hit a patch of despair, disillusionment and depression upon my return from having worked in Prudhoe Bay. I enjoyed thawing out on the fairway in Florida, but when I got back to Juneau-- I had no idea what in the world would happen next. So I took time to pause. As Walt Whitman wrote, "I loafe and invite my soul." I wept, I pondered, I drank, I allowed time to mope and space to linger and there it was-- a light very definitely at the end of the tunnel.

The calling on my life is to live life fully and in health until death do I (de)part.

In the midst of my funk (which lasted about 5 weeks) I watched great documentaries on Netflix, one right after another. Due to this I have become vegetarian (see, "Food Inc." and "Fresh.") and got hold of a juicer (see, "Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead" and "The Beautiful Truth.") and I use it everyday. I joined the Full Circle Farming Co-op and get a box every Wednesday full of organic fare.

This is all well and good, but what of the drinking you ask?

Normal. That's the best way I can sum it up. I drink like a normal human being. I am not drinking tonight and I haven't given that decision more thought than just that. I'll go out and play tomorrow as the Alaskan Brewing Company is throwing an appreciation party for the bartending elite and restaurantuers. That's right my friends. I have landed the gig of gigs, wearing a corset and all behind the bar of a world-famous establishment. Now, I don't want to incriminate myself nor my employer-- but the bar has a color and "Dog" in it's name. And I will make a bloody fortune. It is, come cruise ship season: Disneyworld in a snowglobe. And I am lucky as holy hell to have landed this, believe me.

Of course I deserve all of this. I am worthy of riding a rainbow after the tsunami I have swirled about in. Too, I am worthy of the 2 karot diamond earring studs I dropped a down payment for yesterday. They are breathtaking. As is the Sinclair Method. Or shall I say this treatment is BreathGIVING.

I am more alive than ever thanks to you all, this forum, a dash of willpower, a sincere wish to change and a tiny, little pill taken exactly an hour before partaking in spirits.

Love always,

Ketchikan1

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: ****Ketchikan1****CURED!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:05 pm 

Hi Ketch

CONGRATULATIONS! Not just on your succes with TSM but the job too. You do deserve it. Sorry to hear you had to go through a bad patch before you put yourself on the cured list. I'm hoping to join you sometime this year!

Thank you so much for all your support and I hope things continue to go well for you. You've been a great inspiration to me.

Cheers
Sticky ;)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:09 pm 

With great admiration and thanks I wish to acknowledge all who took the time to walk beside me on my Sinclair journey, most closely Sticky, Electra Lou, and Andy M. the three muskateers who became the loudest members of my cheering squad. We won the trophy guys....... I am taking home the gold thanks especially to you.

To Minneapolis Nick for his personal mentoring--- despite the fact that he was going out of the revolving door as I was coming in. Special thanks to Susie, whose journey was expicitely and so incredibly written that I, as a newcomer, was able to devour her tale and aspire to achieve a successful end.

I thank the wisdom of KatieSmiles, Q, Digetic2, Pickled Pepper, Warren James, Tambo, Saints Vincent and Jude, Half Glass of Wine-- who convinced me to relinquish control of being out of control, if such a thing exists--- which I find now definitely does.

To Jdog who began this treatment at the same stroke of midnight as did I.

To the newer souls who joined the forum adding much humor, transparency and raw courage. These people include the talented Hesster, Heavy Fuel, Tiller, Chrissie, Deja, Nalwayout, End of Benders (who vanished in a blink of an eye), special nod to Daiken who was outvoted on this forum while attempting to quit this treatment and hopefully persevered. Thanks also to Zippy, Nip It, SpineDoc99, Diver, Curious One, and Tak_Kat.

Also on my radar who graciously took time and energy to submit their encouragement and two cents are Ready33, Do Your Dream, Prairie, AK Dragonfly, Shiwa, Movergal, Philcircle, PSRichards, HopefulBee, Gwyneth (probably Paltrow--that lush!) Red Sky At Night, NJGuy and BWD.

Thank you, Thank you, a million times thank you!!!!

I wish us all a fruitful journey and an ubersweet end.

Nal on,

Ketchikan1

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 8:55 am 

SO encouraging.

03: 58/1 - ??/0 - ??/0 - 35/4
04: ??/0 - ??/4 - ??/0 - 00/7
05: 33/4
06: 28/4

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 10:04 am 

Congrats Ketch!

Thanks so much for everything you've brought to this forum: your colorful stories, endless enthusiasm, and commitment to the program despite some bumps in the road. I'll echo Sticky in saying that you're an inspiration. I'm super proud of you, and wish you the best in your new bartending gig (must be nice being on the other side of the bar).

I know people tend to vanish into the ether once they reach the finish line, but please do check in every once and awhile to let us know how everything is going in your crazy life. Who knows, maybe you'll finally get your big showbiz break and we won't be able to avoid you!

Take care, Laura.

-H

Milestones...
Pre TSM: 90.00/1
First 6-Month Average: 34.66/2.46
Second 6-Month Average: 37.07/1.88
Lowest Total: 11.00/5 (Week 29)

Longest AF Streak...
495 Days

Current AF Streak...
7 Days

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 3:38 pm 

Great new Ketch!!

It's been a long and colorful road for you. I'm so glad you got to where you want to be. Your story really underscores what a volatile and uncharted journey TSM can be. But you stayed with it, stayed with us and did it!

I second Hess' hope that you'll check in from time to time and report on how your life is progressing. You've been a major figure on the forum and a great source of inspiration.

All best wishes!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 4:35 pm 

Wowser, Ketch, Wowser. And you know I don't bandy words like that about lightly. First of all, I'm SO glad to hear from you after your...sabbatical there in Florida, rearranging your All New Life! What can I add to what has been said? You've contributed so much to the forum in terms of honesty, humor, wisdom and perseverance. You've given us all hope to see it through to the end, well done!

That's an impressively long list of people you've mentioned, many names which I've never even heard before...what a revolving door this is. I hope to see you here again, and dang! I'm sorry my big, long-planned trip to Alaska was last year - I'm not liable to get up that way again, but I will add your name to my list of beautiful features in that state.

Nal on!

TSM WORKS!!!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 9:15 pm 

Congratulations Ketch, you really do deserve it for your own success with TSM and your encouragement of others. I'd have to say your posts have been entertaining/interesting/heartbreaking and heart warming all rolled into one. I wish you all the best and the best of health !

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:27 pm 

Congratulations! I am so happy for you! I know this has been a long and winding road. Do check in once in a while and let us know how you are!

After control: 3-6 units per month, 25+ alcohol free days!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:30 pm 

CONGRATS, Ketchikan!!!!!! Sooooooo happy for you!!!!!

Here's a free piece of advise to everyone new to this site or anywhere along your TSM journey - go read Ketchikan's story. She's an AWESOME writer, and has the most amazing story to tell.

I'm SO so glad, Ketch!

Take care. Keep us updated and tell us when the book or movie is coming out!

Hugs,
NipIt

Profile E-mail