It is currently Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: No Sex drive
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 3:16 am 

I'm happy to be taking NAL the TSM way. Just wanted to post that my libido is non-existent. For now, I will live with this because I reducing/quitting alcohol is worth it. Maybe after more AF days I will see a return to normal desire. I saw some posts regarding this. If anyone has anything to chip in, I'd be appreciative.

Week 1- 8/26 to 9/1, 2016- 27.5 drinks/week

Week 2- 9/2- 9/8 2016- 35.5

Week 3- 33.5

Week 4- 33

Week 5- 41

Week 6-68.5

Week 7- 15

Week 8- 8

Week 9- Sat, 7, Sun, 20, m, 12, t, 0, w, 0

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: No Sex drive
PostPosted: Wed Sep 07, 2016 11:25 am 

It seems to vary, some don't have a problem with it at all.

Nal does block the reward circuits and sex is a huge part of that reward circuitry. That involves an ancient part of the brain structure called the Striatum (where many addictions live too). It's job is to chase pleasure and avoid pain and is mainly concerned with questions like "Do I run from it, eat it or hump it?".

That being said, I noticed Maca powder quite stimulating in that regard, so if it goes ok with other stuff you're taking, it might be worth a look.

Also, use Selective Extinction per the book. A couple of afternoons after your last Nal might be a good time for a romantic interlude, as your opioid receptors will be upregulated and very sensitive to endorphin-releasing activities. You may need to experiment with that, the sweet spot for you might be sooner or a bit later. You might be able to judge it by how you respond to brisk exercise (also releases endorphins).

Profile E-mail