It is currently Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Broke the rule
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 5:33 am 

Today is the last day of my second week into the Sinclair Method albeit with only 25 mg. Today I broke the rule. I was interstate for work and on the way back got an invite the the Airport lounge. I meant to bring my Nal with me as I thought I would come across a drinking situation. I grappled. I thought I'll just get a coffee but then there was wine in front of me and craftft beer all on offer for free. So I had a beer but left half of it. No rush really to speak of. Then our flight got delayed so I had a coffee. Then on the plane we got stuck in a holding pattern so I had a wine- just one as I came to my senses. Then when I got home I had a beer. Really really wanted another one but said to myself no dont do it! so I didnt. This is after yesterday my partner split with me. He is a marijuana addict and I think he is threatened by my wanting to give up drinking- this is a whole other story. I do not want to be with an addict and for the first time I have been able to see how I was enabling him. Anyway he wants to come home. I wnat him to give up pot and get professional help for the addiction. All very hard to deal with . However through all this I dont want to undo all the good work IVe done in these two weeks. I hope I havent blown it. - I drank without Nal. Will I pay for this? Is it a huge setback or a learning experience perhaps to have it in my bag always- to be prepared?

Month 2 17.5 units 2.75 AF
Month 3 18 units 3.25 AF
Month 4 15 units 2 AF
Month 5 13 units 4.25 AF
Week 21 17 units 2 AFD
Week 22 9 units 5 AFD
Week 23 13.5 units 2 AFD

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Broke the rule
PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 7:00 am 

Moderate, I would say this is a lesson learned. It sounds like you haven't bought a key-chain pill holder. Additionally, it's really smart to put a couple tablets at work, in your car etc. I'm of the belief that one can very quickly undo any progress they've made by giving the brain that reward again. Fortunately, you're only two weeks into this. Non-compliance is the primary fault in this treatment.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 8:24 am 

MD,

I agree with Bardo, it is a lesson learned, move forward and make a promise to yourself to never let it happen again.

Please plan ahead and order a keychain from the C-3 foundation. You get a keychain and it is a donation for the cause a win win!
http://www.cthreefoundation.org/key-cha ... qDmsseGdUQ (I hope the link works).

You should be proud that you did not continue drinking, for I would have without the nal. If this should ever happen again take the pill as soon as you get home. You did not hurt anything this time around, but the habit of taking that pill is a must! It would be better late than never.

I am sorry to hear about your home situation for it is hard to be around someone with a habit/addiction that is unhealthy. You are trying to better yourself and you need to put yourself first always. Take care of your needs, and let your partner take care of his. You cannot tell him he has a problem, for he has to see that for himself. If he does not think he has an issue with MJ you are not going to convince him. It is a battle all of us have faced with ourselves and others in our lives. It is not a fun situation to be in, and my heart goes out to you.

Jaba

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jan 21, 2016 10:33 am 

MD -

You're doing fine. One slip won't set you back all that much and it sounds like you still had some Nal in your system anyway.

Yeah, the codependency issue is a difficult one, I know you love your partner, otherwise you wouldn't bother to bring this issue up to him. Like the others say, it's got to be his choice though. I hope this resolves quickly and it leads both of you to a better place.

Please do keep posting, we'll support you no matter what the outcome!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 3:44 am 

Thanks for your support people. Am safely back on nal tonight. Had three beers and feeling exhausted - no high from the beers just a big low.

Month 2 17.5 units 2.75 AF
Month 3 18 units 3.25 AF
Month 4 15 units 2 AF
Month 5 13 units 4.25 AF
Week 21 17 units 2 AFD
Week 22 9 units 5 AFD
Week 23 13.5 units 2 AFD

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Jan 22, 2016 8:54 am 

Well done.

May you rest well, MD.