It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2019 1:50 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: plateau
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 7:07 am 

After some progress i seem to have hit a plateau and a six pack per day is the norm. Before Naltrexone I drank wine, and lots more of it. So things are better but after six months I still have cravings. I don't know what to do next.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: plateau
PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:51 am 

fiddleplayer -

Stick with it and use the Golden Rule. Keep track of your consumption and you may well see a lot of variation. Some have dialed up the amount of Naltrexone they're taking by 25 to 50mg, but try "pushing back" against the urges and see what you can accomplish. Have a look at what Skippy has posted, sounds like he went through something similar and I've seen posts by others with experiences like yours. Nal is having an effect, no doubt. See if you can alter your habits and break things up, you may find that Nal gives you more latitude in that regard. You've made it part way, you can get this thing under your thumb!

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 3:02 pm 

stay the course. 6 months isn't a long time. try starting your drinking later in the day. I found that after being on Nal for a while, I didn't have the same urge to get started "on time" or "prime" like I used to. just give yourself and extra hour (or four!) and see what happens. it was quite effective for me.

months 7-12: avg 13/2 AF/wk
months 13-18: avg 11/3 AF/wk

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:00 pm 

Fiddleplayer,

I had to challenge myself before I felt a difference. I had to drink water in between sips (for every sip of wine 2 big gulps of water); I pushed back the time I took my pill (instead of 6pm I took it at 7 and still waited that hour). I would wait longer than an hour, and sometimes it would be 2 hours before I would have a drink.

This is such a personal experience and what works for me may not work for you, but breaking up the habits that surround your drinking helps (read Clarion's progress page, for he had to give up a lot).

How are your AF days? Are they even possible?

How long have you been at this, for it takes most 6-9 months. Maggie has just now seeing progress and she has been at this for 11 months.

Jaba

P.S. I still have those cravings, but now they are more of a faint whisper; instead of a FED ME NOW!

Profile E-mail