It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 4:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Feeling frustrated
PostPosted: Fri May 06, 2016 3:19 am 

Hi John,
It took me over a year to really make progress on the Naltrexone. I did have some success about 6 months in to TSM but my drinking was still too much for my liking but now it is dropping way down, & I know that I'm pretty much cured!
It is possible that if your drinking hasn't dropped much after a few months, that you need to go on to 75mg Naltrexone. I have found that 50mg doesn't cut out all of my cravings, and I have to take 75mg each day that I drink. Some people need more than 50mg Naltrexone & I am one of them, you may be too.
I never forced myself to do Alcohol Free days as I hate the pain of white knuckling. The Alcohol Free days just came naturally for me, as on some days I really prefer not to drink now, & that's the Naltrexone working on me.
The progress made on TSM is often very subtle, as sometimes it is hard to know whether you are drinking because of craving or because of habit but if you keep a record of your drinking you should start to see your drinking dropping down after a few months on TSM. It may take a year, as it did me, before you see the full magic but hang in there and hopefully you will eventually see the magic happen.
I can't emphasize enough how important it is to keep a record of your drinking patterns as only then can you truly see your progress. Over time you forget how much you were drinking 6 months ago but keeping a black and white record proves that you are drinking less than you were.
You can see my progress in my signature at the bottom of this post.
Hope this helps.

Profile E-mail