It is currently Fri Sep 20, 2019 12:19 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Do side effects improve
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:32 am 

Hi,
I took selincro 18g at last night for the first time. Went round to see a friend (an hour after taking tablet) and desire to drink greatly reduced - had 1/2 bottle of wine over 2.5 hour period and no desire to drink when I got home. Great!! Really pleased :D
Then came the side effects - they were awful and lasted about 5 hours . Heart was pounding, felt sick, restless but very tired, nervous and shaky and very spaced out. At one point during the night I thought if i didn't know these were side effects I'd go to A&E....I did eventually get about 3 hours sleep. It's now 13.5 hours since i took a tablet and I now feel thick headed and as if I want to spend the day in bed.
Has anyone else had this? Do things get better? And how long does it take? I was going to take a tablet tonight as I know there's a risk I'll drink...but currently feel too scared to as don't want to feel like that again.
I understand that the tablets can't be cut in half to take a smaller dose.

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Do side effects improve
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:49 am 

ho vto.. I'm quite new to Naltrexone but I also had pretty crappy side effects when taking it the first two or three times (mainly stomach aches/cramps and sleeplessness, some fuzzy-headedness).. Happy to say that the last couple of doses haven't caused any of the side effects I saw earlier, and I've only been taking it like a week. So I would give it a chance! I did end up halfing my dose (you can with Nal) but back to the full one now. Hope its gets better for you soon! And it's great that you felt a diminished urge to drink ;)

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Do side effects improve
PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:06 am 

Welcome, vto.

There is hardly anyone using Selincro on this forum and it's in many ways a different experience. Conversely, the other forum has a solid UK influence. I would recommend cross-posting here:

http://optionssavelives.freeforums.net/

You have to wait two hours with Selincro/Nalmefeme, FYI.

-B

Profile E-mail