It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2019 2:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Depression and Naltrexone
PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 6:27 pm 

I understand about the depression. I have it also. I don't have anything to help except that I suffer with you. hope you find an answer.

wk 15 11/0AF

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2015 11:53 pm 

Thanks, Tamara. I'm trying to focus on the NAL without changing any of the meds I've been on for years. Good luck to you as well.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2015 10:56 am 

Pamthom,

I think this might be a question for options saves lives or the C-3 foundation, for they do have access to a medical professional that uses TSM. I think your case is delicate, since you are on anti-depressants.

I can tell you that I am on anti-depressants and nal. I do notice a flat feeling, and sometimes a little depressed; however, I am unsure if that is from the nal., lack of al., or me. I have Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD), so the weather plays a big part of my depression. If it rains, I will feel that depression a little more and this has been a rainy summer for us.

I am sorry I cannot be much help; however, the other website are pretty fast in their responses.

Let us know how you are doing, and keep posting,

Jaba

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 7:26 pm 

Hi all,
I've been on Naltrexone about one year now.
When I first started taking the Naltrexone, I felt quite spaced out for the first two weeks. After that I felt fine again.
In October this year, I had a couple of weeks when I felt depressed. I particularly felt depressed on my birthday (the 28th October). Fortunately the depression has now left me. I could tell that it was the Naltrexone making me feel depressed, as I have never experienced such deep depression in my life!
Naltrexone has different side effects on different people. Fortunately for me, the side effects have been short lived.
I am still getting used to how Naltrexone affects my moods but it is generally all good. I am improving.
I love how I can now drink without feeling guilty. I used to be so anti-social because I was aware that I had a drinking problem but I still continued to drink, & the guilt made me withdraw into myself. Now I am starting to feel much more comfortable when I drink because I am able to control it.
At present I am getting no side effects from the Naltrexone, and life is getting much better for me!
Thanks.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:07 pm 

You're doing well, Paddy - keep it up!

Profile E-mail