It is currently Tue Oct 16, 2018 2:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: hair of the dog?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 4:03 pm 

So I've read some threads about nal hangovers and how to deal with them and there was something I would like to hear other people's thoughts on.

Back before TSM, when I had a hangover I would sometimes have a beer or two the next day. For those who haven't heard the expression it's called 'the hair of the dog that bit you.' the idea being that the horrible feeling of a hangover is the withdrawl from alcohol and so a little alcohol eases the comedown. Then when those one or two wear off it's so little that you don't experience a hangover and in my experience it is the best way to deal with a hangover.

Of course it was always risky because a hair of the dog can easily turn into another drinking session. but anyway...

Now that ive started TSM I get queasy after taking the nal, even before drinking, and the next day my hangovers are worse. Where i would in the past normally have a hair of the dog, now I don't want to because I don't want to take the nal while I'm already feeling queazy and get more queasy, just for one or two beers.

Any advice or thoughts on the hair of the dog while on TSM?

Cheers

Charles

Pre tsm weekly average 40
21 weeks in weekly average 19

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: hair of the dog?
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2018 6:45 pm 

My guess is the main problem is the lack of endorphins making a regular hangover worse.

I don't know that anyone has tried N Acetyl Cysteine the night before. Prickly Pear supposedly is another hangover prevention tool, perhaps that would do some good.

If you're within the 12 hour window, then there shouldn't be any problem having a beer the next morning.

What are the main features of a Nalover as you experience them?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:18 pm 

What are the main features of a Nalover as you experience them?

I experience more anxiety than on a regular hangover, and I feel more nauseous.

I generally wouldn't be within the 12 hour window because I sleep in on a hangover and the hair of the dog i used to have would be around noon or in the afternoon. At then moment I take 75 mg of nal, a pill and a half, and so one option i was thinking of is to take the other half pill, 25 mg, the next day before a midday beer, because I should still have some nal in the system and might not need a full does. that way i wouldn't feel as queezy with the lower dose. But I'm too weary that that might be bending the golden rule so for now I'm just riding through the hangovers with baths, and hot tea, and films and sometimes headache pills all as comfortors. I've also got some valium just in case anxiety gets overwhelming

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 1:37 am 

Argh! Sorry it's a pain for ya. Hang in there, it's worth it.

Profile E-mail