It is currently Mon Jan 25, 2021 9:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Forgot to take
PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:45 pm 

If you have forgotten to take the Naltrexone and have already had a drink should you go ahead and take it anyway? mc

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: Forgot to take
PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 6:48 pm 

Q: If I "forgot" to take my naltrexone before drinking should I take it as soon as possible?

A: Yes. Absolutely. You should take the medication right away - even if you have already begun drinking. It is better than simply allowing the endorphins another chance to reinforce and strengthen the opioid system in the brain. Of course it also depends on how long you have been into the drinking session and how many units you have consumed. Taking naltrexone at the end of the session - after many drinks - will probably not produce extinction but if you catch it in time so to speak you may prevent the 'consolidation effects' - that is during the period after the drinking session when the reinforcement from endorphins settle into the brain. There is very little research on this - however I heard about a researcher in Finland who was investigating the effects of giving naltrexone to addicted lab rats very soon after the animal had already started in on their drinking sessions. Extinction occurred. Despite this, you should take your medication BEFORE drinking and if you are serious about deleting, removing, extinguishing the biology driving craving and addiction please remember to take the medication properly - exactly as described throughout The Cure for Alcoholism - in much the same way as diabetic patients must take insulin or other medications according to the proper schedule. If you have a drinking problem, have lost control over your drinking, crave excessively .... remember Step 5 .... THE GOLDEN RULE: NEVER DRINK ALCOHOL WITHOUT NALTREXONE

(Of course taking naltrexone when you abstain is totally ineffective as over 35 clinical studies showed - including one large one involving over 600 VA hospital patients published in the New England Journal of Medicine by Krystal et al, in 2000)

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 21, 2009 10:27 pm 

margo crown wrote:
If you have forgotten to take the Naltrexone and have already had a drink should you go ahead and take it anyway? mc

I have posted Naltrexone tablets in a few statigic locations. I keep two in my wallet and 5 in my travel bag since I often travel on short notice.

50 mg /since Jan 13, 2009 << you do the math
Average AF days 6/wk
Average Drinking < 4 drinks/wk

I now count days on Nal, rather than drinking days.

Drinking to my Health

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2019 11:27 pm 

In next few months the general elections are going to start in the America and according to a report they forget to take again the seats. Because the people of the country are decide to do paperrater on the side of other party in the elections.

Profile E-mail