It is currently Sat Apr 04, 2020 2:59 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: Re: Naltrexone and sex
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2011 2:52 am 

I last took 50mg Naltrexone 6pm Saturday evening, this morning I really got going during my exercise. Pushed harder than usual despite having woken feeling not bothered.

Now wondering if this is the effect of the Nal uncovering all my receptors, and a few more being there?If so I am exceedingly pleased with this result!

Cravings eliminated Sept 2011
Now fully in control, alcohol no longer bothers me. Chose to go AF from 22nd July 2013.
TSM set me free

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:04 am 

Dr. Sinclair says that up-regulation happens 2 days after taking Nal, so by Tuesday morning you would have been in the right time line.

Curi

25/12.5mg 8-7-8-6-6-10-6
12.5mg 6-5-4-etc
2-3u/session 2-3/week since Sept 2011

PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2011 9:31 pm 

I must admit: I really didn't understand this "up regulation" stuff. For me, it's more like a "Gestalt Therapy" treatment...
Let's talk about that later.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2012 11:33 pm 

very curious on this topic. what about taking nal, drinking...then sex? is this going to be a problem?
I am also curious about concerts / live music...or even listening to music when drinking...will there be decreased pleasure?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 05, 2012 4:29 pm 

funkymonkeyman42 wrote:
very curious on this topic. what about taking nal, drinking...then sex? is this going to be a problem?
I am also curious about concerts / live music...or even listening to music when drinking...will there be decreased pleasure?

I've not experienced a decrease in pleasure with anything else, sure nal can leave you a bit flat at times but I've still felt the same doing other things, possibly because I no longer have the fogginess or bad feelings associated with high levels of alcohol intake. Once you start having AF days that should cancel any decrease in pleasure with other things.

I currently am using naltrexone before eating foods I tend to binge on(didn't at weekend damn because I wasn't drinking I didn't think to take it before eating cake, actually I didn't think I'd be eating cake then I decided to go ahead :roll: ). I definitely feel something with the food but I am taking it directly before eating chocolate or any other processed/high fat/high sugar/high salt foods so I'm not surprised!

Now fully in control, alcohol no longer bothers me. Chose to go AF from 22nd July 2013.
TSM set me free

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:49 pm 

I can say from my own experience (I am a man) that it is definitely different to have sex while on Nal...
I seem to take longer to get to a climax and orgasms are not as intense. Afterwards I am usually not interested in having sex again (which odes happen without Nal).

I find this quite crucial and limiting especially when you are younger and not in a relationship... but i do not want to complain...

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 9:11 am 

From day 1 I haven't really experienced the whole up-regulation thing like some do. I lead a pretty routine life and have gone without Nal 3-4 days and even nearly 2 weeks once since starting TSM and haven't experienced any change. I definitely would have noticed it.

What I have noticed and have posted about it before (under a different username) is feeling absolutely sick to my stomach after high intensity cardio. This last about 1 hour but its so bad I have to lie down for a while.

I did notice a slight decrease in my sex drive at the beginning but that soon went away.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 11:37 am 

I'm male currently on Week 11. Before I go into detail regarding how Nal is affecting my sex life, I probably need to explain how alcohol has been affecting it for years.

I have been a self proclaimed "Horny SOB" husband since we started dating 22 years ago. She would agree, but has used the term "almost perverted" as in how often I want to have sex with her still in our 40s. Now that may not sound like the worst situation, however, timing is everything. Being the daily drinking alcoholic husband, I would generally go to bed earlier than her, (or simply pass out). Her on the other hand, not drinking, would stay up late like normal wives watching tv, and our sex would typically not happen in the evenings. If it would happen, it would have been a very rare AF for me or it was going to be drunk sex for me.

Mornings on the other hand, my now sober "Horny SOB" would show up, but unfortunately, she would be tired or sleeping soundly, and typically very little would happen. So basically, I have been letting my addiction to alcohol win out for years over my sexual desire for my wife. Frustrating, and 100% my fault. A very repetitive depressing cycle.

So now 10 weeks into TSM, I am feeling the benefits of less cravings, less daily drinking, less units, less passing out, etc. The only problem is I have also noticed a huge drop in sexual desire. It bothers me, and my wife has also noticed it. 99% of the time, I have been our sex instigator in the past. Now it is left up to her. We have went from at least once a week to now once every 3 or 4 weeks. Sober TSM sex may not be as good as 100% pure sober no-nal sex, but it is still better than drunk, can't remember, booze breathed sex.

Even though this is a bit depressing for me now, I will accept it over the benefits I feel from TSM over alcohol. Also, as the AF days add up, and I require less and less nal days, I expect to regain my MOJO.

I thought I would share this to see if anyone else notices this nal-affect and/or been there/done that!

2-13-1
3-10-6
4-7-14
5-8-9
6-9-11
7-6-9
8-10-2
9-10-3
10-9-1
11-7-3
12-8-2
13-7-9
14-7-5
15-6?-8?

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:32 pm 

Christopher, again, we have similar things happening. My sex drive has gone up (it's pretty much as high as it can be for a normal male) but my wife's has moved in the opposite direction. We're having trouble connecting and, I think, this is partly due to a change in our ritual -- which usually involved both of us drinking some, getting buzzed, talking, and then going for it. Now, if I don't drink but make a drink for her, she feels like I'm trying to get her drunk so I can have sex with her. If neither of us drink, she doesn't seem interested and just gives me "duty booty," which I don't enjoy. Also, being a little bit drunk makes me more aggressive, which she likes at certain times. We had a terrible time at it last night and I just gave up and tried to go to sleep (I only got 5 hours, not my normal 9, because I was upset a bit). Tonight, I'm going to "try again," but this time I think I'm going to have a drink or two with her, breaking my 30 day abstinence streak (TSM isn't about counting "one day at a time" and earning sobriety tokens, anyway). It's proven that alcohol makes women more orgasmic and men less so. Really, from the start, sex has been my #1 fear in terms of NOT drinking, which might sound a bit weird. I can handle the parties and vacations and stressful situations without alcohol, but the sex thing has been a bummer.

Regarding your sex drive, hmm, I suppose it could have something to do with the gobs of Naltrexone you've consumed, but I know some people would disagree with that. If you have a wife that's still interested in sex, I'd say you should be really happy and hopeful. The greatest loneliness a human can experience is marital loneliness because it's so hopeless (you can't touch all the wonderful women you meet, you can't touch your wife -- it's complete isolation without any good options). :cry:

Week Count: 11,4,4,2,7.5,2.5,2,2,0,0,0,0 Cured -- No More Counting

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:48 am 

I think it's also useful to remember and know that getting 'sober' can and does affect relationships in that the dynamics, as well as routines change massively. This phenomena is experienced by all types of recovering alcoholics, and whilst yes we do also have Nal an endorphin blocker in the system, there's a whole heap of other stuff involved too.

My partner says he can tell I'm less sensitive to stimulation after taking Nal, and that there's a difference between days I do and don't take it. My sex drive, well when I was drinking a lot I was just numb, or making inappropriate moves, or being very demanding(think phone calls telling you to get home now because later I'd be too involved with my drinking to care) and my then partners found it all very difficult.

Getting 'cured' meant I could have a proper relationship again, not one controlled by my drinking, make choices and stay monogamous.

TSM set me free

Profile E-mail