It is currently Tue May 21, 2019 8:39 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Post subject: How long to stop Nal before Colonoscopy w ovoid analgesic
PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 9:18 am 

Dear Dr. Eskapa,
On July 2nd 2013 I will be having a colonoscopy and I understand that the pain killer they administer is Fentanyl, an OPOID analgesic. I believe I should stop taking Naltrexone one week before the procedure to be safe. Also after the procedure should I wait one week before starting naltrexone again? I keep seeing 7- 10 days. Is it best to wait 10 days? I will appreciate any information you can give me!
Thank you so much!
Cgiles

Profile E-mail  

Post subject: Re: How long to stop Nal before Colonoscopy w ovoid analgesic
PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 8:02 am 

Not to butt in (no pun intended), but Dr. Eskapa rarely responds (plus, he's not a physician, but a Ph.D., I think). I will offer that Fentanyl is very quickly metabolized by the body (it's perhaps the fastest acting pain med, but wears off the fastest). Waiting a week after Fentanyl seems very excessive. Even if you took Nal the next day, I can't see any possible adverse reactions if that's the only pain medicine you had (I would venture that, even 6 hours after Fentanyl would be safe, but that's "not a medical opinion."). Keep in mind, though, that you're not just going to get Fentanyl for a colonoscopy -- surely you'll get Versed or some sedative. You won't feel like drinking that night anyway.

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:23 am 

Good luck with your procedure

I used to be an endoscopy nurse .. here in the UK you can choose to have your procedure without any pain killer (ouch!) Some people tolerate it quite well but if you've been having any pain/symptoms it can be rather uncomfortable. My partner had colonoscopy recently without any fentanyl or sedation and reported mild discomfort ...but he hates taking any meds (I think he's pretty brave)

Just a thought! I'm not sure what the practice is in your part of the world ... and if it was me - I'd want the pain relief!

Agree totally with Barryb about not needing to wait so long afterwards ..

Hope it all goes well for you

Lorraine

Profile E-mail  

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2019 3:29 am 

You have to give us details that how much time you require more for this colonoscopy that was for the employ of our company. It takes too much time or I have to present the report so I took help from best essay service review they make a duplicate report that have the estimate amount on it or I will present it to the board.

Profile E-mail